Facebook is no substitute for face to face - and can have a negative effect on the social development of teams. So says Matt, a network engineer for a large financial services firm. I spoke with Matt by phone, on using social networks for group team ...
For years, many security consultants and well-meaning guidelines have recommended completely disabling ActiveX in Internet browsers (mainly Internet Explorer) to prevent a particular type of Web client-side attack. Running a browser without ActiveX e...
Chris Carrara thought it was interesting that Ticketmaster set up a Facebook site and almost overnight gained more than 150,000 "fans." So he started looking at page after page of Ticketmaster "fan" pages and discovered most had no "friends" at all. ...
For US$399, a company called Psystar, will sell you a solid, mid-level Macintosh compatible computer that runs OSX Leopard - the Open Mac. Is this the beginning of another Clone era in Macintosh history?
Self publishers of England unite! That appears to be the rallying cry at YouWriteOn.com. The "UK's Leading Writers Website," sponsored by Arts Council England, is the latest to take up the cudgel against the Amazon's new print on demand (POD) policy....
A Google Maps mashup called the Map Channels Hotels Directory shows you all hotels with availability listed in order of price. Just punch in the city, the check-in date and the number of nights you'll be staying, and it will lay out all your options....
Mac users have long gloated that the Mac OS is safer than Windows. The gloating should stop: There's plenty of recent evidence that Vista is, in fact, a safer operating system than Mac OS X.
The US Justice Department seems to believe that if you tell a big enough lie, people will listen. Here's the latest: Attorney General Michael Mukasey claims that terrorists sell pirated software as a way to finance their operations, without presentin...
Microsoft has taken plenty of heat in the Vista "junk PC" lawsuit. If the company is smart, it will take those criticisms to heart, and make sure it doesn't make the same mistakes when it launches Windows 7. Here's what I think that suit means for Wi...
Apple has made such a mess of its Safari 3.1 browser for Windows that Windows users should consider boycotting the browser, because of an underhanded way of distributing it, that according to CEO honcho John Lilly says "borders on malware."
German people say Hasselhoff is a god. Who do you believe?
I'll read blogs online only if I'm forced into it. My preference is to have the blog delivered to me and see it first as e-mail. That way I can choose to read it now or later or not at all.
I get lots of e-mail asking if I have a smart fix for a dumb computing hassle. Boy, do I--times six. Here are my freebie favorites.
Have you ever bumped into a Microsoft Knowledgebase article that tells you there's am update for your particularly gnarly Windows problem -- but you have to jump through hoops to get the fix?
"I don't know what succession planning will look like in upper management 15 years from now. I really don't. It's got to be a whole different brave new world"
Top tips to finding the right security solution for your needs
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 HTC U11 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Gigabyte Aero 15 corporate gaming laptop review
- 3 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 4 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
Join the PC World newsletter!
- Amazon has knocked $50 off the price of a 1TB SSD
- 10 supremely useful Microsoft OneNote add-ins and tools
- Hands-on: How the Asus ROG GX501 Zephyrus performs with Nvidia's Max-Q technology
- EU fines Google €2.42 billion, orders changes in search results
- OnePlus 5 review: This mid-range Android phone is speedy inside, but stale outside
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- MSI GL62M 7RDX gaming laptop review
- Alcatel A3 XL phone: Full, in-depth review
- Sony X9300E 2017 TV: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- TPTest Analyst - Web ApplicationsQLD
- FTSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCMigration Project ManagerNSW
- TPSenior .NET DeveloperNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst / Scrum MasterWA
- CCWintel Infrastructure EngineersACT
- CCSenior Network Architect l CCNP/CCIE R&S l Cisco ACINSW
- FTEPAS Technical Support OfficerOther
- FTMicrosoft Azure Cloud EngineerOther
- TPSenior Business AnalystQLD
- FTTest ManagerACT
- FTTest AnalystSA
- CCStorage EngineerNSW
- FTLean Six Sigma - Change ConsultantOther
- TPEnterprise Solutions ArchitectNSW
- TPTechnical Business AnalystQLD
- TPTest AnalystNSW
- CCAudio-Visual DesignerVIC
- FTVoice Solution Engineer - Telecommunications (Unified Comms)Other
- FTDesktop EngineerOther
- FTAutomation SpecialistOther
- FTx2 Senior Test Analyst/Lead - DWH - Informatica ETLOther
- CCProject Administration TechnologyQLD
- TPActive Directory AdministratorACT
- FTImplementation ConsultantNSW