Filtered internet, mobile data use, cool WiMAX gear and an excellent Wi-Fi router.
Don't get me wrong - I love the iPhone.
With the number of in-flight incidents Qantas has experienced this year, being the first to offer in-flight por... err... broadband Internet onboard its A380 aircraft is perhaps the last thing on the company's mind.
Let's face it, peer to peer file sharing — P2P — is one of the big attractions of broadband Internet connections. Sometimes it's for downloading the latest version of a Linux distro, while other times it's for other, somewhat legally dubi...
It wasn't that long ago that broadband in Australia was considered to be 256Kbps and if you were lucky, 512Kbps or 1.5Mps! Broadband over Power Lines (BPL) had a decent business case, especially as it could theoretically deliver ridiculously fast spe...
Welcome to the inaugural post for PC World's Broadband Blog. We'll be taking a look the state of the broadband industry in Australia, innovative uses for broadband technology, how you can get the best out of your connection and why the hell that torr...
An ingenious bank robber dressed as a road maintenance worker pulled a heist worthy of Hollywood last week, thanks in part to the Internet.
Move over, Laura Croft. At the EmTech08 Emerging Technologies Conference Thursday, Microsoft’s Craig Mundie introduced the audience to “Laura,” a disembodied face that serves as a robotic receptionist - and a technology demonstration of spatial compu...
One of the pleasures of Linux is that you can try out different distributions to see which one works best for you. You like Ubuntu, but you want to fine tune the desktop engine? OK, try Kubuntu with its KDE desktop then. Some worthwhile distributions...
Techdirt.com posted many weeks ago about the charges against Lori Drew related to the suicide of 13-year-old Megan Meier in 2006. In the post, which has the subhead that being a jerk isn't illegal, Mike Masnick argues that there is an attempt to pros...
The question has been kicked around by the technology press for some time now: Why does Google keep products in beta for so long?
Most sane humans would greet a law suit from the RIAA the way you'd welcome a surprise audit from the IRS. Not Ray Beckerman. He says, "Bring it on, bubba."
Hi, my name's Cringely, and I am powerless over my Google addiction. ("Hi, Cringely.")
Google finally enters the browser business (finally fulfilling years of rumors), and you'd think there was nothing else going on in the world -- no political conventions starring pistol-packing ex-beauty queens with pregnant teenage daughters, no hur...
As we've learned over the last few days, the presumptive GOP candidate for vice president is many things: a reformist governor, a hunter, an ex-beauty queen, a mother of five, a physical fitness nut, and a lover of caribou burgers.
Work / Life balance, Windows 10 allows you to get the best of both worlds.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 2 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
- 4 Oppo A57 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Moto G5 Plus phone: full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Huawei Watch 2 Classic Review: Good watch but a missed opportunity for Wear 2.0
- Far Cry 5's first trailer reveals religious cults and explosions in picturesque Montana
- Amazon is offering two free months of Music Unlimited to new subscribers
- This week in games: Red Dead Redemption 2 is delayed, Destiny 2 PC servers explained
- Any website can crash your Windows 7 or 8 PC with these four characters
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Asus ROG Strix Z270F Gaming motherboard review
- The simple RAM buying guide
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- FTTechnical WriterVIC
- TPDatawarehouse Analyst/DeveloperSA
- FTDigital Business Analyst | Online BookingQLD
- FTSales Client Services Manager (Mid-market)QLD
- TPNetwork and Systems AdministratorNSW
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- CCDesigner - Salesforce Marketing CloudVIC
- CCProject Manager Performance & ControlsQLD
- FTSenior .NET DevelopersSA
- FTSupport OfficerSA
- FTTechnology Project ManagerNSW
- CCSQL Server Database Specialist l Bathurst LocationNSW
- FTSenior UX/UI DesignerNSW
- FTIT Support / Desktop SupportSA
- CCDevOps Engineer with strong Docker skills - Contract - North Shore SydneyNSW
- CCSalesforce Marketing CloudNSW
- FTIT Systems EngineerTAS
- FTAccounts and Office AdministratorNSW
- CCImplementation Manager/PlannerNSW
- CCBusiness Process AnalystNSW
- FTSolution ArchitectQLD
- TPICT Customer Support OfficerNSW
- CCJava / J2EE DeveloperVIC
- TPEnterprise Solutions ArchitectNSW