The third instalment of the phenomenally popular Sims series is preparing to invade your neighbourhood!
Free. It's the magic word for an ever-expanding wealth of downloadable software and online services. Free doesn't necessarily mean good, however, and hunting for freebies can mean sifting through a lot of junk.
Leopard Server, the newest version of Mac OS X Server, sports many updated features. One of the most innovative is a new interface that simplifies server setup and management. This interface is designed primarily for small businesses or small workgro...
You're going to want to swipe this MacBook Pro. And pinch it. And twirl it, too.
An employee looking to steal confidential information from his employer sneaks into what should be a secure back room after hours. He pulls charts and files from a top-level financial meeting and slides them into his briefcase before heading back out...
"As the mind learns to understand more complicated combinations of ideas, simpler formulae soon reduce their complexity." -Antoine-Nicholas de Condorcet, 1794
Novell wants to shed historical comparisons with industry titans and focus on developing its core technologies into a set of infrastructure services it says will define its success going forward, according to company CEO Ron Hovsepian.
Take a sneak-peak at Intel's next generation CPU, which looks like it will be a monster, on paper at least. Taking a leaf out of AMD's book, the new CPU brings onboard its own memory controller, it embraces a three-level cache, and the front side bus...
The free apps you can't live without.
With a USB keychain drive and a little forethought, you can carry a personalized computer everywhere and leave your laptop at home.
The great-granddaddy of the Survival Horror genre has returned from the grave to terrify a whole new generation of gamers. With its unique television-inspired episodic structure and a plot penned by New York Times best-selling author Lorenzo Carcater...
Google makes your life easier with great search, but did you also know it's loaded with pranks, goofs, and put-ons? We show you the best of the bunch.
When this was being written, distributors were working quickly to ship kernel updates fixing the local root vulnerabilities in the vmsplice() system call. Unlike a number of other recent vulnerabilities which have required special situations (such as...
Last week, we published a discussion of the vmsplice() exploit which showed how the failure to check permissions for a read operation led to a buffer overflow within the kernel. Subsequently, a linux-kernel reader pointed out that the article stopped...
Pushing telepresence as a way to cut the cost of corporate travel isn't working too well so the industry is looking to promote the video/audio technology as a way for businesses to embrace green principles, according to speakers at a recent teleprese...
Work / Life balance, Windows 10 allows you to get the best of both worlds.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 2 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
- 4 Oppo A57 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Moto G5 Plus phone: full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Far Cry 5's first trailer reveals religious cults and explosions in picturesque Montana
- Amazon is offering two free months of Music Unlimited to new subscribers
- This week in games: Red Dead Redemption 2 is delayed, Destiny 2 PC servers explained
- Any website can crash your Windows 7 or 8 PC with these four characters
- AMD's new AM4 motherboard software cures Ryzen's memory headaches
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Asus ROG Strix Z270F Gaming motherboard review
- The simple RAM buying guide
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- CCCommercial ManagerVIC
- FTSupport Analyst - TallymanVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Project ManagerNSW
- CCGun Java/ Full Stack Developer wanted...VIC
- FTIT Command Centre Support EngineerVIC
- CCUnix AdministratorNSW
- CCWeb DesignerQLD
- CCProject Manager - Salesforce ImplementationVIC
- FTDesktop EngineerNSW
- FTProject Control Analyst - PMOACT
- FTData ScientistACT
- FTNetwork SpecialistNSW
- TPProject Test ManagerQLD
- FTSenior IT Project ManagerSA
- FTStorage EngineerSA
- FTPHP / WordPress DeveloperQLD
- FTSalesforce ConsultantQLD
- TPDigital Business Analyst - AgileQLD
- CCSalesforce DeveloperNSW
- CCChange AnalystVIC
- TPLevel 2/3 Technical Service AnalystOther
- CCJava / J2EE DeveloperVIC
- FTDesktop Support OfficerSA