What are the next steps needed for open source as a software production methodology to reach the next level?
If there's one thing the digital revolution has taught us, it's that we shouldn't get too attached to anything. Technology has a way of seizing long-held ideas and entrenched industries and turning them upside-down.
Quick -- what was the first personal computer you ever owned? You don't have to think about it for even a second, do you? No matter how many machines you've had over the years, you always remember your first -- usually with great fondness.
PCs now come in all shapes and forms, so here are a few unique form factors that add some unusual style to your setup.
The third instalment of the phenomenally popular Sims series is preparing to invade your neighbourhood!
Free. It's the magic word for an ever-expanding wealth of downloadable software and online services. Free doesn't necessarily mean good, however, and hunting for freebies can mean sifting through a lot of junk.
Leopard Server, the newest version of Mac OS X Server, sports many updated features. One of the most innovative is a new interface that simplifies server setup and management. This interface is designed primarily for small businesses or small workgro...
You're going to want to swipe this MacBook Pro. And pinch it. And twirl it, too.
An employee looking to steal confidential information from his employer sneaks into what should be a secure back room after hours. He pulls charts and files from a top-level financial meeting and slides them into his briefcase before heading back out...
"As the mind learns to understand more complicated combinations of ideas, simpler formulae soon reduce their complexity." -Antoine-Nicholas de Condorcet, 1794
Novell wants to shed historical comparisons with industry titans and focus on developing its core technologies into a set of infrastructure services it says will define its success going forward, according to company CEO Ron Hovsepian.
Take a sneak-peak at Intel's next generation CPU, which looks like it will be a monster, on paper at least. Taking a leaf out of AMD's book, the new CPU brings onboard its own memory controller, it embraces a three-level cache, and the front side bus...
The free apps you can't live without.
With a USB keychain drive and a little forethought, you can carry a personalized computer everywhere and leave your laptop at home.
The great-granddaddy of the Survival Horror genre has returned from the grave to terrify a whole new generation of gamers. With its unique television-inspired episodic structure and a plot penned by New York Times best-selling author Lorenzo Carcater...
Find out what are the top 5 features you should look out for when purchasing a gaming laptop
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 8: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Huawei Y5 (2017): Full, in depth review
- 3 LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- 4 First Look: Nikon D850
- 5 OnePlus 5: Full, in-depth review
Join the newsletter!
- Logitech announce new MX Sound speakers
- How integration supports the supply chain evolution
- Moto X4 review: This is what a world without MotoMods looks like
- Telstra looks to solve 'Entertainment Exasperation' with new 4K Telstra TV
- Logitech Powerplay review
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Jabra Elite Sport (2017) review
- Moto X4 review
- Opinon: Life after KRACK
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- FTSenior Strategy Consultant - Large CorporateOther
- CCSAP HR / Payroll AnalystACT
- FTNetwork and Systems EngineerWA
- CCProcess LeadNSW
- FTSolutions Architect - Metering Systems / AMIOther
- FTPython Developer - FinTech/TradingOther
- TPTest Automation ProgrammerNSW
- FTMicrosoft CRM Dynamics Consultant (Mid level)Other
- CCInfrastructure Solution ArchitectNSW
- FTSenior Java Developer - marketsVIC
- CCTraining and Support LeadVIC
- FTEmail Production SpecialistOther
- FTRPA Tech LeadVIC
- FTSOE ArchitectOther
- CCMid-Level Oracle SQL DeveloperSA
- CCJunior IT Project ManagerNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTData AnalystOther
- FTJunior-Mid Infra Project ManagerOther
- FTSenior Project Manager - Agile / DigitalOther
- FTWeb Developer - Full Stack - 3D, VR, WebGLNSW
- FTMiddleware System AdministratorACT
- FTWeb Developer - Drupal 7 or iApplyNSW
- TPProject ManagerQLD
- FTSenior Salesforce DeveloperOther