Capgemini opened the doors on a new data center near London on Tuesday that it sees as a showcase for green design.
Microsoft has finally unveiled the Windows Phone 7 platform -- including a diverse selection of ten different Windows Phone 7 smartphones right out of the gate. Despite Microsoft's struggles getting into gear in the mobile game, Windows Phone 7 looks...
Google's Chrome OS is still on track for a holiday launch, and could be released in one month.
Worried about logging into Facebook from a strange computer? There's now a way to get into the popular social network without entering your regular Facebook password.
Large companies are planning to increase their reliance on Linux over the next five years, both in terms of the number of Linux servers run in their organizations and in terms of the mission-critical nature of the work they're used for.
Android has not had the best luck in penetrating the enterprise market, with less than 30 per cent of all enterprise activations, according to the latest survey by Good Technology.
The amount of time mobile application developers spent testing on Android devices has increased significantly over the last year, a study has found.
Hard on the heels of the news last week of Acer's dual-booting netbooks, Augen has announced that one of its six forthcoming tablets will run both Android and Ubuntu.
The bloatware battle has reached the cloud. A new PC utility announced on Tuesday collects information from other users over the Web to help make computers run faster and free up disk space.
The future for IT lies in automating as much as possible of the infrastructure, allowing users to self-provision applications, all in a mixture of virtualized private and public clouds, according to VMware's CEO Paul Maritz.
Millions of small- and medium-sized businesses are vastly underserved by suppliers of data protection hardware and services, even though the organizations have many of the same needs as large enterprises, a new research report revealed.
iRise is adding reusable components to its platform for visualizing applications before coding.
Taiwanese smartphone maker HTC joined a number of rivals in launching new handsets with Microsoft's new Windows Phone 7 OS on Monday, a feat HTC's CEO says came together very fast.
While it began life as a tool for indexing Web pages, the open source Hadoop framework is being marketed as a tool that could house and analyze vast amounts of data with the kind of proportions that would quickly overwhelm traditional database system...
Brits looking to grab the attention of employers could do just that with an augmented reality CV, says CWJobs.co.uk.
Get your complimentary whitepaper here
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 2 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
- 4 Oppo A57 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Moto G5 Plus phone: full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Huawei Watch 2 Classic Review: Good watch but a missed opportunity for Wear 2.0
- Far Cry 5's first trailer reveals religious cults and explosions in picturesque Montana
- Amazon is offering two free months of Music Unlimited to new subscribers
- This week in games: Red Dead Redemption 2 is delayed, Destiny 2 PC servers explained
- Any website can crash your Windows 7 or 8 PC with these four characters
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Asus ROG Strix Z270F Gaming motherboard review
- The simple RAM buying guide
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- FT.Net DeveloperVIC
- CCImplementation Manager/PlannerACT
- FTBusiness Intelligence DeveloperSA
- CCSalesforce DeveloperNSW
- FTDevops EngineerVIC
- TPBusiness AnalystQLD
- FTBPM DeveloperNSW
- FTProject Manager - Accountin Finance and AssetWA
- FTSenior Infrastructure Engineer (Windows & Virtualization)VIC
- FTUX ResearcherVIC
- TPDelivery Coordinator - ProjectsQLD
- TPDatawarehouse Analyst/DeveloperSA
- FTUrgent -Java Developer (Programmer). 3 different positionsVIC
- FTImplementation ConsultantNSW
- FTSplunk Software Developer | 6mth ContractVIC
- TPSenior Project Manager - Digital Application CX TransformationNSW
- FTSenior Business Analyst, Wealth ManagementNSW
- FTNetwork SpecialistNSW
- CCJunior to Mid-level Project Manager- TelcoVIC
- TPWeb Developer - Front End focusQLD
- CCSenior Systems Engineer - WintelVIC
- CCIT Security Risk AnalystVIC
- CCInfrastructure Business AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Analyst Programmer - Equities or DerivativesNSW