The economy isn't the only thing that goes through cycles. Hype, believe it or not, is cyclical, too, according to the analysts at Gartner, who today released their 2010 Hype Cycle report. Technologies closing in on the "Peak of Inflated Expectations...
Mozilla's release of Firefox 4 Beta 1 for Android (and Maemo) phones brought with it some cheers -- and some jeers. Though Firefox 4 Beta 1 showed improvements in some areas, it stumbled in others, leaving users yearning for speedy future enhancement...
It's not here yet, but next week Microsoft is hosting a media event where it is expected to unveil launch details for the highly-anticipated Windows Phone 7 platform. With Microsoft's virtual absence from the smartphone arena in recent years, and the...
As Ubuntu 10.10, or "Maverick Meerkat," hits the streets this Sunday, it's a pretty safe bet that legions of existing Ubuntu users will be updating to the new release. After all, it looks to be Canonical's most user-friendly Ubuntu Linux yet, and man...
Microsoft will unveil devices running its new Windows Phone 7 operating system for the first time Monday at an event in New York that some experts predict will be a make-or-break product launch.
An emerging class of extremely low-power servers is helping Internet companies and hosting providers to slash their energy bills, and proponents say they could have a role in the enterprise as well.
Development around the original Cell processor hasn't stalled and IBM will continue to develop chips and supply hardware for future gaming consoles, a company executive said.
Rivals Citrix and VMware have taken their battle beyond technology development, even beyond marketing. Now they're working on the imaginations and psychology of potential customers and, to a certain extent, rewriting history.
A new comScore study on mobile usage and behaviours in Europe, the US and Japan, finds that the Japanese mobile audience is the most connected with three quarters of users accessing <a href="http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/mobileadvisor/news/">mobile medi...
Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer says the software giant is "all in" when it comes to cloud computing and he's relying on Bob Muglia to play the hand in this high-stakes game. As president of the nearly $15 billion Server and Tools Division of Microsoft, ...
<a href="http://www.infoworld.com/d/cloud-computing">Cloud computing</a> may offer a quick and inexpensive way to build an online business, but customer fears about security still must be allayed.
Chinese users wanting to buy an iPhone 4 best first place a reservation before venturing to an Apple Store. With the device selling out in retail outlets across China, Apple is now requiring all potential customers to first reserve the device online,...
As if the opening of <a href="http://www.networkworld.com/news/2010/092410-facebook-movie-a-hit-critics.html?pid=162">The Social Network movie</a> to start the month didn’t give people enough to talk about regarding Facebook, the company this past w...
The Schwarzenegger v. EMA case could cost the video game industry its First Amendment rights by criminalizing violent game sales to minors, but how valid is the argument that a violent video game will spur violent behavior in real life? Research and ...
Forget LOLcats, these kitties are real--and you can interact with them in real-time! Apriori Control, in conjunction with the Idaho Humane Society and the Oregon Humane Society, has developed a website where you can interact with real cats by control...
Singing praises about a device that literally ‘sings’ – find out what this is all about.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 2 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
- 4 Oppo A57 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Moto G5 Plus phone: full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- SAP has designs on new government business
- Titan Souls is free for Twitch Prime and Amazon Prime subscribers
- Anker's extremely popular ergonomic mouse is 70% off today
- Google explains why Android apps still aren't on Chromebooks
- HP's Envy 13 offers Surface Laptop features without the markup—or Windows 10 S
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Huawei P10 smartphone review
- Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- Moto G5 smartphone: full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- FTImplementation ConsultantNSW
- TPProject Manager - Change ManagementQLD
- CCChange ManagerWA
- FTERP Reporting AnalystNSW
- TPFront End .NET DeveloperQLD
- CCSenior Communications Advisor - Australian TelcoVIC
- FTClient Onboarding ManagerNSW
- TPTrim Helpdesk AnalystVIC
- CCProject ManagerQLD
- TPSupport AnalystVIC
- FTApplication AnalystSA
- FTSystem Analyst - IntegrationQLD
- TPBusiness Analyst - ImprovementQLD
- TPSolution Architect - InfrastructureQLD
- FTProgram SchedulerVIC
- TPIT Security SpecialistVIC
- CCOrganisational Change ManagerNSW
- TPSenior Java Developer - Contract till June 2018QLD
- FTReport Developer and Visualisation AnalystQLD
- FTSystem Engineer - VMWare, UCS, NetAppVIC
- FTSenior DeveloperNSW
- CCBlue Prism DeveloperVIC
- FTProject Control Analyst - PMOVIC