The iPhone 4 has a great, super-high-resolution screen, but it's about to have some company. Sharp's new smartphone, dubbed the IS03, houses a screen which has the same dimensions and resolution as that of the iPhone 4's. Measuring 3.5 inches diagona...
As it warned us last week, Twitter launched another scheme today to exploit its 200 million users for advertising purposes. In addition, it took some baby steps toward smoothing relations between itself and third-party developers.
Microsoft plans to phase in a limited number of Windows Phone 7 applications, starting with the formal unveiling of the first handsets next week. By starting small, Microsoft plans to give precedence to "first mover developers" at the outset, then in...
Evan Williams is handing over Twitter's CEO title to Chief Operating Officer Dick Costolo, as the microblogging company focuses on generating revenue that is consistent with its massive popularity.
Most everyone who's had some experience with free open source software has learned about the OpenOffice.org suite of productivity programs: a word processor, spreadsheet, presentation, database, and drawing tool that provide a good deal of the functi...
Hewlett-Packard's <a href="http://www.infoworld.com/d/the-industry-standard/hp-names-ex-sap-chief-apotheker-new-ceo-466">surprise decision last week</a> to appoint ex-SAP CEO Léo Apotheker to its top job has stirred up speculation that HP will acquir...
The Xmarks browser bookmark sync service is soliciting pledges from potential customers willing to pay at least $10 annually, saying that it will reconsider staying in business if it collects 100,000 promises.
Skype has named Tony Bates as its next CEO, hiring him away from Cisco Systems, where he led some of the company's core businesses.
In what could be a considerable boon for Android users, Google on Friday acquired Blind Type, a San Francisco-based maker of touch-typing software for smartphones.
LG is once again shifting its tablet strategy -- announcing that it is pulling the plug on its Android 2.2 tablet plans to hold out for Android 3.0. Unlike current releases of the Android OS, the upcoming Android 3.0 is designed with tablets in mind....
The Greens have dug up a handful of further details about Labor's controversial mandatory filter project through the questions on notice procedure, including the fact that Communications Minister Stephen Conroy will shortly receive a report on a conf...
Does Microsoft's Windows Phone 7 have what it takes to compete against Apple's blockbuster iPhone and the Android army? We'll find out October 11 when Microsoft officially pulls back the curtain on its smartphone at an event titled Windows Phone 7 Wo...
Yes, it's only a demonstration. Even so, Samsung's trial of WiMAX 2 technology that touched speeds of 330Mbps is still impressive.
A start-up called CloudFlare has launched a cloud-based firewall that also improves website performance, and says it will release an enterprise version of its technology one year from now.
LG on Monday said that it won't release a Google Android tablet this year, but instead it would wait for a future iteration of the OS, according to a Reuters report. Earlier this year LG announced plans to join the tablet bandwagon, and abandoned a t...
A workhorse that will run the extra mile to increase efficiency in the workspace
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 2 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
- 4 Oppo A57 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Moto G5 Plus phone: full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Anker's extremely popular ergonomic mouse is 70% off today
- Google explains why Android apps still aren't on Chromebooks
- HP's Envy 13 offers Surface Laptop features without the markup—or Windows 10 S
- HP's Spectre x2 may be the Surface Pro killer we've been waiting for
- Windows 10 S will not run Linux, even though it's a downloadable Windows app
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Huawei P10 smartphone review
- Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- Moto G5 smartphone: full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- CCState-wide Business Transition Lead - BrisbaneVIC
- TPSOE EngineerACT
- CCManaging Architect - Satellite - TelcoVIC
- FTDigital Business Analyst | Online BookingQLD
- FTSolution Architect - NetworksACT
- FTFull Stack DeveloperNSW
- FTNetwork EngineerQLD
- FTSAP HANA ConsultantNSW
- CCProject ManagerVIC
- FTApplication System EngineerACT
- FTProject Manager / Scrum MasterVIC
- CCAppian Developer x 2VIC
- CCSenior Systems EngineerVIC
- FTMobile Apps TesterWA
- FTChange Manager, Agile, WealthNSW
- TPEOI - Developers and Tester (APS)ACT
- FTBusiness Analyst - TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCSenior Network Architect - CCIEVIC
- FTSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCSenior DeveloperNSW
- TPSQL Database AdministratorNSW
- FTDisaster Recovery AnalystNSW
- FTJunior-Mid Level Implementation CoordinatorQLD
- FTSoftware TesterACT