It's a sad fact of human nature that when we're confronted with something different or new, we tend to attribute its success or failure in the world to the feature that most sets it apart. President Obama's legacy, for example, will always be inextri...
Nokia will soon be the only manufacturer using the Symbian mobile operating system, as Samsung is the latest to announce it will stop making phones that run Symbian. The news comes shortly after Sony Ericsson said it will also stop making Symbian dev...
Leo Apotheker may yet have to prove that he can run a company the size of Hewlett-Packard, but his compensation package is on par with his predecessor.
Although sales of Apple's iPad haven't panicked PC makers yet, trends by tablet owners may give laptop manufacturers some sleepless nights next year, a market research analyst said today.
Microsoft filed patent infringement complaints against Motorola and its Android phones in the International Trade Commission and U.S. federal court Friday, indicating that the software giant may hope to use its strong patent position as one way to se...
Stuxnet's inability to stay stealthy may be fall-out from a failure to hit its intended targets last year, security researchers said today.
Google alone will not turn Android into an enterprise-ready OS, instead it will be up to third parties to add necessary features for businesses, according to Android Developer Challenge winners Konrad Hubner and Henning Boger.
Mellmo Inc. Monday will expand its Roambi line of online apps to allow iPad and iPhone users another way to present complex business intelligence via interactive charts and graphs.
The jailbreaking of Apple TV, days after shipping, is no surprise. The real delight will come in the weeks and months ahead, as hackers and developers start figuring out what to do with Apple's liberated set-top box.
Facebook is revamping its photo album functionality, letting members store images with a much higher resolution, simplifying the tagging process and improving the performance of the upload tool.
The Zeus botnet remains a robust network that is difficult to destroy despite an international sting operation that saw dozens arrested this week for allegedly stealing money from online bank accounts.
Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer received compensation in fiscal 2010 valued at $1.35 million, according to documents filed Thursday with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. His total package is up six per cent from 2009, when he received compens...
Mobilize Conference -- San Francisco -- The main topic of conversation here at Mobilize 2010 is apps. Mobile apps. That being so, quite a number of app developers are here networking with venture capital people and press, and showing off their apps a...
Boasting 500 million users worldwide and still growing, Facebook is now ubiquitous. Because of its popularity, minors have jumped onto the social media bandwagon, too, and they use networking the same way adults do -- to share pictures, connect with ...
Samsung is dropping support for Symbian from its Mobile Innovator developer support program, it said in a letter sent out on Thursday.
Get complimentary strategy guide here
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 2 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
- 4 Oppo A57 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Moto G5 Plus phone: full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- This week in games: Red Dead Redemption 2 is delayed, Destiny 2 PC servers explained
- Any website can crash your Windows 7 or 8 PC with these four characters
- AMD's new AM4 motherboard software cures Ryzen's memory headaches
- Get real, Microsoft: If the Surface Pro is a laptop, bundle it with a Type Cover
- Asus ROG Strix Z270F Gaming motherboard review
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Asus ROG Strix Z270F Gaming motherboard review
- The simple RAM buying guide
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- TPTechnical ArchitectVIC
- FTProcurement OfficerACT
- FTSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTTeam Leader Solution DeliveryQLD
- FTSolution Architect - SecurityVIC
- CCSenior Systems Engineer - WintelVIC
- FTFrontend DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior SAP Project ManagerACT
- FTTest Analyst (Datawarehouse)SA
- TPArcGIS DeveloperVIC
- FTProject Manager or Coordinator - Retail Store ProjectsNSW
- FTIT Security ConsultantNSW
- FTSenior Support EngineerNSW
- FTStorage EngineerSA
- FTData Analyst/DeveloperNSW
- CCBusiness Change ManagerNSW
- FTField Technician - Radio communication serviceACT
- CCJava / J2EE DeveloperVIC
- FTBUSINESS TECHNOLOGY PARTNERVIC
- FTSolution Architect - NetworksQLD
- FTCyber Security Technical WriterNSW
- FTNetwork AdministratorQLD
- FTTRIM TrainersACT