CAMBRIDGE, Mass. -- Qualcomm is developing a short-range radio technology called Peanut that would require less battery power than Zigbee , Bluetooth and Ultra Wideband technologies.
Contrary to reports, a bug that Microsoft patched last week had been publicly discussed a year and a half ago, security researchers said this week.
Cloud computing is all the rage these days. CIOs seem to be diving into cloud-based solutions with reckless abandon despite the fact that a mistake in planning or execution can have career-limiting effects. So, let's take a moment to balance the bene...
On Tuesday, Nvidia announced it was going to support x86 processors as a target for CUDA applications. This means that apps that are currently written to support Nvidia's GPU line for compute applications will be able to run on standard x86 CPUs--no ...
This week's Twitter hack may not immediately drive corporate executives away from the microblogging site, but it may raising some early warning signs.
Corporations are jumping on the Google smartphone bandwagon, with Android device growth outpacing Apple's iPhone 20-fold in the last three months, a market researcher said today.
PayPal has established itself as the de facto method of transacting money on the Internet. It also seems to be ruffling some feathers, though, with business and dispute resolution practices that seem to be focused on making sure PayPal gets to hang o...
Dell said on Wednesday it is developing a 7-inch tablet as it experiments with handheld devices with different screen sizes.
Users may be having trouble accessing Facebook on Wednesday due to a problem the site is having with a network provider, the company said.
It may be difficult for enterprises to figure out how much they should spend on IT security, but research analyst Gartner has statistics on how much their peers are spending.
Korean electronics giant Samsung announced tonight that its hyped iPad rival -- the Galaxy Tab -- will be available to Australians in November this year through all the major mobile carriers.
3D laptop shipments have been slow this year, hindered by high prices and lack of consumer interest, according to research firm DisplaySearch.
Microsoft's Cashback service didn't work out, but the company is still experimenting with the concept of repaying users, this time with a program that rewards people for searching on Bing.
SAP is unleashing a set of "Rapid Deployment" software applications that can be rolled out in as little as 12 weeks, the company announced Wednesday.
The Indian government has banned bulk SMS (short message service) and MMS (multimedia messaging service), ahead of an expected court ruling that could stir up religious conflict in the country.
Get into your productive zone with the right business tool
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 2 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
- 4 Oppo A57 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Moto G5 Plus phone: full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Newegg is selling a pure sine wave UPS for just $125 right now
- Microsoft's Beam becomes Mixer, adds four person split-screen streaming to battle Twitch
- Nvidia's new generation of powerful GeForce GTX Battlebox PCs finally embraces AMD
- How Thunderbolt 3 won the port wars
- Samsung Galaxy Gear 360: Great for the Galaxy S8, not so much for the iPhone
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- MSI GE62 7RD Apache gaming laptop review
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Oppo A57 phone: full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- CCInfrastructure ArchitectACT
- FTSystem Analyst - IntegrationQLD
- CCWintel Server EngineerNSW
- CCIT Security Risk AnalystVIC
- CCChange AnalystQLD
- FTFrontend DeveloperNSW
- CCProcess Improvement AnalystVIC
- FTDeputy Chief Engineer - Defence Systems - IT Services - Nowra BasedNSW
- CCWeb DesignerQLD
- FTSenior Business Analyst - GROUP LIFE INSURANCENSW
- FTDeployment Analyst / Customer Service - Minchinbury NSWNSW
- FTLooking for Software TestersACT
- FTSenior Software Engineer - JavaQLD
- FTSenior UX/UI DesignerNSW
- FTSenior Business AnalystQLD
- FTSystem Engineer - VMWare, UCS, NetAppVIC
- FTAccount Manager - Technology SolutionsNSW
- CCMid-level Business Process Analyst (Automation) - Contract - ParramattaNSW
- TPIT Support AnalystNSW
- FTSenior iOS DeveloperNSW
- FTL&D Manager, Transformation Program in Finance ServicesNSW
- FTNetwork EngineerSA
- FTSenior Ruby on Rails DeveloperNSW
- CCSecurity Incident Analyst - Splunk - TelcoVIC