Chinese PC vendor Lenovo has announced plans to challenge Microsoft, Sony and Nintendo with a motion sensing peripheral of its own. The 'Ebox' is a new gaming device that enables users to interact with games without using a controller -- just like Mi...
Telecommunications management company Stratatel has released a discussion paper revealing that companies and organisations are being overcharged for phone services, often unintentionally.
After some time hinting it would do so, Japanese electronics giant Sony has finally committed to bringing several of its eReader line-up to Australia, partnering with giant retail chain Borders to do so.
One of the signatories to a national broadband proposal unveiled at the eleventh hour to rival Labor's own long-running NBN project has accused vendors and telcos of stirring up hype for a fibre-optic cable future in line with a view to serving their...
Many moons ago I wrote about TouchFreeze, a free laptop utility that solves one of life's most maddening problems: accidental swipes of your touchpad while typing. (Why isn't Windows smart enough to do this on its own? Just saying.)
VMware and Novell announced on Wednesday general availability of Suse Linux Enterprise Server for VMware, geared for use in virtualized and cloud environments.
Garmin has recalled approximately 1.25 million of its GPS devices due to a battery fault that causes overheating, which the company says may lead to potential "fire hazards".
David Mclean, Microsoft's regional head of entertainment and devices, today paid tribute to the Halo brand at a Microsoft Open House event in Sydney, Australia.
3Par, which is already the subject of a bidding war between Hewlett-Packard and Dell, is now among a group of companies being sued by Crossroads Systems for patent infringement.
Most of the talk about IT energy efficiency has focused on the data center, but office equipment like PCs and printers can offer plenty of opportunity to cut costs as well. Fujitsu is rolling out some new services Wednesday that aim to help companies...
When it bowed out of the JavaOne conference this year, Google cited Oracle's lawsuit over Java use in Google Android. But one Google technologist suggests a second possible reason for Google's reticence: Oracle's lack of focus on developers.
ActiveState has updated its distributions of the Python programming language so that they provide developers easier access to databases, as well as new ways of creating GUIs (Graphical User Interfaces), the company announced Wednesday.
You might have expected that the Treasury's costings of the two major party's election policies -- released to the Independents and the media late yesterday -- would contain a fair amount of detail about how much each party's wildly differing broadba...
The IT giant demonstrated some of its the upcoming products.
The data from the Net Applications for browser market share in August show that Microsoft's Internet Explorer 8 continues to lead overall and outpace all competitors in growth. Even better news is that Internet Explorer 6--the archaic and insecure br...
Singing praises about a device that literally ‘sings’ – find out what this is all about.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 2 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
- 4 Oppo A57 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Moto G5 Plus phone: full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Far Cry 5's first trailer reveals religious cults and explosions in picturesque Montana
- Amazon is offering two free months of Music Unlimited to new subscribers
- This week in games: Red Dead Redemption 2 is delayed, Destiny 2 PC servers explained
- Any website can crash your Windows 7 or 8 PC with these four characters
- AMD's new AM4 motherboard software cures Ryzen's memory headaches
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Asus ROG Strix Z270F Gaming motherboard review
- The simple RAM buying guide
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- FTEnterprise ArchitectVIC
- CCReporting System Specialist - Port MacquarieNSW
- CCC++ DeveloperNSW
- FTProject Manager - Accountin Finance and AssetWA
- CCSalesforce Marketing CloudNSW
- FTSolution Architect - NetworksVIC
- FTDigital Developer | LAMP Stack | Digital AgencyNSW
- TPSecurity AdvisorACT
- FTSenior Solution Designer, Investment and Trading PlatformNSW
- CCConsultant - Hogan Health CheckQLD
- CCAppian Developer x 2VIC
- FTProject Coordinator - Digital Applications (IT)NSW
- TPSenior Project Manager - Digital Application CX TransformationNSW
- CCReporting System Specialist - Port MacquarieQLD
- FT.Net DeveloperNSW
- CCWintel Server EngineerNSW
- TPDatawarehouse Analyst/DeveloperSA
- CCSplunk Software DeveloperVIC
- TPProject Manager - Change ManagementQLD
- FTSolution Architect - Datacentre / StorageVIC
- TPSenior Developer - API - Data ReportingNSW
- FTSenior Analyst Programmer - Equities or DerivativesNSW
- FTNetwork SpecialistNSW