Apple's failure to clean up old code in QuickTime leaves people running Internet Explorer (IE) vulnerable to drive-by attacks, a Spanish security researcher said today.
Cisco is reportedly looking to buy Skype before the Internet phone provider goes public.
The fiery chief executive of internet service provider Exetel has opened fire on the National Broadband Network's support for 1Gbps speeds, saying those excited by the higher speeds are "unthinking and just plain stupid", with wireless broadband wait...
National broadband provider Internode will follow its larger rivals Telstra and iiNet into the brave new world of online entertainment, revealing plans last night to kick off an internet television trial in late September.
The managing board of enterprise open-source software company Red Hat has elected a retired U.S. Army officer, General Henry Hugh Shelton, to serve as chairman, the company announced Monday. Shelton takes the place of Matthew Szulik, who was the form...
Australia's Federal Court has slapped a temporary ban on a handful of local retailers selling or importing hardware -- commonly known as "mod chips" -- that allows unauthorised software to run on Sony's PlayStation 3.
After months of negotiations, Google has renewed the content licensing deal that allows it to publish full-text news articles from the Associated Press on Google sites such as Google News.
Hewlett-Packard has unveiled CloudStart, a package that includes hardware, software and consulting services, and aims to speed up the construction of private clouds, it said on Monday.
Google has made its fifth acquisition since the start of August, this time <a href="http://www.socialdeck.com/index.html">scooping up SocialDeck</a>, a company that develops games that people can play against friends using iPhones, BlackBerry devices...
Cisco has fixed a bug in its IOS (Internetwork Operating System) router software that contributed to a brief Internet blackout last week, thought to have affected about 1 percent of the Internet.
Nokia will set up servers in India by November for its push e-mail service in the country to comply with government regulations, the company said Monday.
Sierra Wireless on Monday announced the AirPrime MC8801, a module that will allow makers of laptops, netbooks and tablets to integrate mobile broadband using HSPA+ (High-Speed Packet Access) at download speeds up to 42M bps (bits per second) into the...
Advanced Micro Devices on Monday said it will remove the ATI name from its products by the end of the year, killing a brand name synonymous with graphics enthusiasts for 25 years.
Australian mobile network operator Telstra has become the first operator to launch a mobile broadband service using HSPA+ at 42M bps (bits per second), it said on Monday.
Ruby on Rails 3.0, an upgrade to the popular open source Web framework that features a merger with the Merb framework, was released Sunday, the founder of Rails, David Heinemeier Hansson, said in a blog.
A workhorse that will run the extra mile to increase efficiency in the workspace
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 2 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
- 4 Oppo A57 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Moto G5 Plus phone: full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Huawei Watch 2 Classic Review: Good watch but a missed opportunity for Wear 2.0
- Far Cry 5's first trailer reveals religious cults and explosions in picturesque Montana
- Amazon is offering two free months of Music Unlimited to new subscribers
- This week in games: Red Dead Redemption 2 is delayed, Destiny 2 PC servers explained
- Any website can crash your Windows 7 or 8 PC with these four characters
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Asus ROG Strix Z270F Gaming motherboard review
- The simple RAM buying guide
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- CCTechnical Support EngineerNSW
- FTIT Command Centre Support EngineerVIC
- FTSolution Architect - DatacentreVIC
- FTTest Analyst (Datawarehouse)SA
- FTSenior Procurement Specialist | 3mth ContractVIC
- FTDatabase Engineer (Oracle)ACT
- FTPHP DeveloperWA
- CCGIS Consultant/ Developer - BRISBANEVIC
- CCUnix AdministratorNSW
- FTDigital Business Analyst/Project Manager | PermanentQLD
- FTFull Stack DeveloperNSW
- FTData Analyst / Reporting SpecialistNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTSenior UX/UI DesignerNSW
- FTManual Test AnalystQLD
- FTSenior Analyst Programmer - Equities or DerivativesNSW
- FTTechnical WriterACT
- FTSenior SharePoint Administrator. Location -ACTACT
- CCWintel Server EngineerNSW
- CCScada Project ManagerWA
- CCdevOps EngineerNSW
- FTSenior Business AnalystACT
- TPLevel 2/3 Technical Service AnalystOther
- FTJunior - Mid Level Technical Customer SupportQLD