The number of adults using the Internet to find health-related information leaped from 154 million in 2009 to 175 million this year, according to a Harris Interactive poll released today. It's the largest year-over-year increase since the poll began ...
The world's biggest bug bounty program today slapped a six-month deadline on vendors, saying it would release some vulnerability information, even if a patch wasn't ready.
Over two years after the confirmation that Swedish developer Starbreeze Studios (Chronicles of Riddick, The Darkness) were working on a reboot of a "major" Electronic Arts franchise, and the powerhouse publisher has filed three new trademarks that sh...
A little more than a year after the service was launched, Google is pulling the plug on its Google Wave social-networking service, the company said Wednesday.
Saudi Arabia has ordered the suspension of Research in Motion's BlackBerry service as of Friday, as it does not meet current regulations, according to the country's telecommunications regulator.
By 2015, the U.S. will spend more money annually on mobile than on all fixed-line communications, not counting enterprise services, Pyramid Research said Tuesday.
Hoping to leapfrog over Google and Apple's successes in the smartphone market, Microsoft plans to use cloud-based speech recognition and natural language processing technology to offer user interface capabilities not found on the iPhone or Android de...
Security software vendor BitDefender has released a study claiming that 250,000 e-mail addresses, user names and passwords are currently circulating online via blogs, wikis, torrents and forums.
SingTel subsidiary Optus today released a range of revamped mobile broadband plans, promising better value during peak times as well as off-peak data allowances.
A pact announced last year for Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing (TSMC) to go to work putting Intel Atom microprocessors into smartphones, mobile Internet devices and other gadgets looks to remain on hold for a while.
BlackBerry maker Research in Motion this morning revealed its new Torch 9800 handset and BlackBerry 6 operating system -- unveiled overnight in the US -- would be available on all of Australia's major mobile telcos.
A first-time modder has completed a rather ambitious task--taking a motorbike and transforming it into a fully working computer.
Want to make Apple an overnight success in the portable PC market? Just lump iPad and MacBook sales into one category, and the company jumps from the seventh to the third largest portable computer manufacturer worldwide.
"Security through obscurity" may be a catchy phrase, but it's not the only thing that's catching among Windows users.
The VMforce cloud platform in development by VMware and Salesforce.com will be most useful for customers with existing Salesforce deployments, but can technically be used to build any Java application, a VMware official says.
Get your complimentary whitepaper here
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 2 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
- 4 Oppo A57 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Moto G5 Plus phone: full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Huawei Watch 2 Classic Review: Good watch but a missed opportunity for Wear 2.0
- Far Cry 5's first trailer reveals religious cults and explosions in picturesque Montana
- Amazon is offering two free months of Music Unlimited to new subscribers
- This week in games: Red Dead Redemption 2 is delayed, Destiny 2 PC servers explained
- Any website can crash your Windows 7 or 8 PC with these four characters
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Asus ROG Strix Z270F Gaming motherboard review
- The simple RAM buying guide
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- FTSales Client Services Manager (Mid-market)QLD
- CCPHP DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior SQL Database SpecialistACT
- FTScrum Master - TechnicalNSW
- FTSenior .NET DevelopersSA
- FTBI and Report DeveloperQLD
- FTNetwork Engineer - IP routing & switchingNSW
- FTDigital Developer | LAMP Stack | Digital AgencyNSW
- CCProcurement & Contract SpecialistNSW
- FTBUSINESS TECHNOLOGY PARTNERVIC
- TPNode.js DeveloperNSW
- FTIT Security ConsultantNSW
- TPData Migration LeadNSW
- CCImplementation Manager/PlannerQLD
- CCManaging Architect - Satellite - TelcoVIC
- FTProject Control Analyst - PMOVIC
- CCMaster SchedulerACT
- FTSenior Java DeveloperVIC
- FTIntegration EngineerACT
- FTDealing Room Support Analyst - IPC voiceNSW
- FTSolution ArchitectWA
- CCChange ManagerWA
- FTsolution ArchitectNSW
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW