Is Snort, the 12-year-old open-source intrusion detection and prevention system, dead?
Adobe has revealed that it will strengthen the security controls in the Adobe Reader application by adding sandboxing in the next release. With malicious attacks targeting Adobe products more frequently, it is definitely a move in the right direction...
Google plans to become carbon neutral at the same time promote green energy by entering into a 20-year agreement to buy power from an Iowa wind farm. The farm, part of NextEra Energy Resources in Story and Hardin counties, will sell Google 114 megawa...
Samsung Tuesday announced its new 1TB Spinpoint MT2 2.5-inch internal hard drive.
On-demand BI vendor Birst announced Tuesday that it is now offering the option of concurrent user pricing, a licensing model few BI providers use because it can limit the amount of money they make compared to typical "named user" pricing.
Siemens confirmed Tuesday that one of its customers has been hit by a new worm designed to steal secrets from industrial control systems.
Taking a page out of Apple supremo Steve Jobs' book, Melbourne-based Kogan Technologies this morning launched what it dubbed as a "magical and revolutionary" eBook reader with a 6″ e-ink screen.
Looking deeper within malware yields fingerprints of the hackers who write the code, and that could result in signatures that have a longer lifetime than current intrusion-detection schemes, Black Hat 2010 attendees will be told next week.
Japan's Sharp plans to enter the increasingly competitive e-book reader market later this year with a device that can read a new e-publishing file format of its own, it said Tuesday.
Analyst firm Gartner has formed a new advocacy council around the issue of IT maintenance contracts and issued a "code of conduct" it wants vendors to follow, actions that could further intensify an already hot topic.
Avaya is overhauling its contact center software with features designed to boost productivity and also to demonstrate that the company is brimming with innovation it hopes will attract new customers, and keep those it acquired along with Nortel's ent...
SAP said Tuesday that the European Commission has approved its pending acquisition of Sybase.
The acquisition of Dimension Data by Nippon Telegraph & Telephone Corp. marks the first time a Japanese mobile operator has managed to get a slice of the growing African telecom and IT market.
AT&T Tuesday announced that it's offering three new mobile services, including text messaging and encrypted mobile voice products, aimed at business and government users.
iPhone owners may grouse about AT&T's service, but the "halo effect" of Apple's smartphone significantly boosts the U.S. carrier's customer satisfaction levels, not just its revenue, an analyst said today.
A new tide of demand for high-performance computer equipment is sweeping the world, as eSports becomes a major form of entertainment and spectator activity. With that, the technology supporting eSports is maturing rapidly.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 HTC U11 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Gigabyte Aero 15 corporate gaming laptop review
- 3 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 4 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
Join the PC World newsletter!
- AMD, Nvidia coin mining graphics cards appear as gaming GPU shortage intensifies
- Akitio Node Cabinet review: Real, affordable graphics for your laptop
- Qantas booking systems go down after software fail
- Cadbury factory in Hobart hit as ransomware attacks Aussie businesses
- 10 supremely useful Microsoft OneNote add-ins and tools
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- MSI GL62M 7RDX gaming laptop review
- Alcatel A3 XL phone: Full, in-depth review
- Sony X9300E 2017 TV: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCCommercial & Public Marketing ManagerNSW
- FTEmail Marketing Specialist/ Campaign SpecialistOther
- FTProject CoordinatorOther
- FTSenior Java and AEM DeveloperOther
- FTDevOps EngineerOther
- FTPeopleSoft Technical Campus Solution DeveloperOther
- FTNetwork Capacity PlannerOther
- FTLevel 2/3 Application Support SpecialistQLD
- FTService Desk Consultant - Level 2Other
- FT.Net DeveloperOther
- FTService Centre ManagerQLD
- FTFunctional Support Consultant - Metering / Billing SystemsOther
- FTSoftware EngineerOther
- FTSales AssociateACT
- FTSolution Architect - SecurityNSW
- FTSenior Front End DevelopersOther
- TPFull Stack PHP / Web DeveloperQLD
- FTSenior Project AnalystOther
- CCMultiple Front End Developers - BRISBANE - Angular 2 | Bootstrap | jQueryWA
- FTIT Systems EngineerOther
- CCPeoplesoft campus solution consultant/TesterNSW
- FTSAP Data Migration Specialists. Work Location - CanberraOther
- TPProcurement Specialist - ITQLD
- FTRelocate to Perth for Software Engineering RolesSA
- TPGIS ConsultantVIC