Android is gaining on all the major smartphone platforms in the U.S., though it was only the fourth-most-used mobile operating system in May, market data firm comScore reported on Thursday.
Facebook has acquired NextStop, a two-year-old startup that lets people create and share travel guides and recommendations with others looking for things to do in places they're not familiar with.
Everyone has wanted a light saber at some point. Well, keep dreaming, it's not going to happen.
Evidence is mounting that there's more FaceTime video chat coming in handheld devices, with reports surfacing today that the next iPod Touch, due this year, will include a front-facing camera.
Nonprofit organization One Laptop Per Child on Thursday said it is adding a multitouch screen to the upcoming XO-1.75 laptop and is modifying software to take advantage of the new hardware.
It's unlikely that consumers' iTunes accounts were hacked by a Vietnamese iPhone developer, a security researcher said today.
Microsoft today said it will deliver four security updates next week to patch five vulnerabilities in Windows and Office, including the bug that a Google researcher took public a month ago.
In a joint announcement today at NBN Co's offices in Sydney, Communications Minister Stephen Conroy and NBN Co CEO Mike Quigley revealed the 19 locations for the second stage rollout of the National Broadband Network (NBN) rollout.
Though 3D-capable cameras are nothing new, two new additions to Sony's 2010 Cyber-shot line are notable for their 3D-shooting capabilities: They're the first everyday point-and-shoot cameras that offer 3D imaging capabilities, and they create 3D phot...
Communications Minister Stephen Conroy's department -- Broadband, Communications and the Digital Economy (DBCDE) -- has set up a trial Twitter account, joining what it described as the "tweeps".
Thirty-five percent of companies believe that their organisation's sensitive information has been given to competitors, according to a new survey.
In the past, companies built data centers like parents buy clothes for their children: Buy big and wait for the kids to grow into them.
Australia's third-largest Internet service provider (ISP), iiNet, has struck a deal with FetchTV to distribute an IPTV service to its customers.
Vodafone today increased the data quota and cut excess fees (on capped plans) on its mobile broadband plans, with four new postpaid and one new prepaid options.
News of hacked iTunes user accounts made headlines earlier this week, but it turns out only a very small fraction of users were affected.
A workhorse that will run the extra mile to increase efficiency in the workspace
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 2 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
- 4 Oppo A57 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Moto G5 Plus phone: full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Get real, Microsoft: If the Surface Pro is a laptop, bundle it with a Type Cover
- Asus ROG Strix Z270F Gaming motherboard review
- The top 3 Best DDR4 computer memory RAM kits in 2017 that you can buy right now
- Watch us play Vanquish on PC
- Microsoft's Beam becomes Mixer, adds four person split-screen streaming to battle Twitch
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Asus ROG Strix Z270F Gaming motherboard review
- The simple RAM buying guide
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- FTSoftware and Applications Programmer (Java Developer)ACT
- CCWintel Server EngineerNSW
- FTSenior .Net DeveloperNSW
- CCReporting Business AnalystACT
- CCFront End DeveloperNSW
- FTData Analyst - SASNSW
- TPProject Test ManagerQLD
- FTPeopleSoft Campus Solution ConsultantNSW
- FTSystems EngineerNSW
- TPSenior Project ManagerVIC
- FTSalesforce Marketing ConsultantNSW
- CCTesting Manager - Energy sectorVIC
- FTSecurity ConsultantVIC
- FTSolution Architect - NetworksWA
- FTService Desk Analyst Level 1 SupportQLD
- FTSales Lead - Healthcare systemsVIC
- TPDigital Business AnalystNSW
- FTJunior .Net DeveloperNSW
- CCSharepoint DeveloperNSW
- FTManager - Commercial ClientsACT
- FTSecurity ConsultantACT
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- FTFrontend DeveloperNSW
- CCData AnalystNSW