Seagate Technologies today announced the first 3TB external desktop hard drive, which is capable of using USB 2.0, 3.0 or FireWire 800 connectivity.
Google will take a page from Mozilla's playbook and block outdated plug-ins from launching, part of new efforts to keep Chrome users safer, the company said Monday.
Google may not be throwing in the towel in its battle with the Chinese government, but it certainly took a step back this week.
Cloudera has unveiled a new set of Hadoop management tools, called Cloudera Enterprise, that the company will offer for an annual subscription fee, it announced on Tuesday. It has also updated its open-source distribution package of Hadoop.
PC maker Dell has been accused of selling thousands of desktop PCs despite knowing the machines contained faulty components, according to recently unsealed court documents first reported about on Tuesday by The New York Times.
Nexus One owners have begun to receive version 2.2 of the Android software, codenamed Froyo, as an over-the-air update to their phones, Google said in a blog post on Monday.
Hearsay in recent days that Google is working hard on a project to better compete against Facebook has captured the attention of industry observers, who wonder what shape this initiative might take and what is its likelihood of success.
Cisco Systems on Tuesday announced the Cisco Network Building Mediator Manager 6300, a platform to manage all the systems in an enterprise that consume energy, across all the organisation's facilities.
Sony released an update to its PlayStation 3 on Tuesday that brings several new features and launches the PlayStation's first subscription gaming service.
Cisco on Tuesday announced the Cius tablet, a handheld device designed to help users run business applications and communicate in real time.
Root Wireless is still working on a commercial offering that will help enterprises choose and monitor cellular service providers, but it plans to release a new consumer client designed for the "wow factor" in just a few weeks.
NEC Australia announced today that 99.9 per cent of Australia's digital television transmissions would be powered by the company.
Garmin has launched its latest nuvi range of in-car GPS units in Australia, banking on an ultra-thin design and a high resolution, capacitive touchscreen to win over consumers.
The good, the bad and the ugly of data-loss prevention tools and technologies got a solid once over from Gartner analyst Eric Ouellet, who spared no punches during his presentation on the topic during the first day of Gartner's Security and Risk Mana...
If your business is still running Service Pack 2 of Windows XP, security problems are lurking around the corner, according to new research from IT services vendor Softchoice stating that almost 80 percent of organizations surveyed risk a security bre...
A fast and multi-functional printer with all the high end features. The HP OfficeJet is a fine addition to your workspace
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 2 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
- 4 Oppo A57 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Moto G5 Plus phone: full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Newegg is selling a pure sine wave UPS for just $125 right now
- Microsoft's Beam becomes Mixer, adds four person split-screen streaming to battle Twitch
- Nvidia's new generation of powerful GeForce GTX Battlebox PCs finally embraces AMD
- How Thunderbolt 3 won the port wars
- Samsung Galaxy Gear 360: Great for the Galaxy S8, not so much for the iPhone
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- MSI GE62 7RD Apache gaming laptop review
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Oppo A57 phone: full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- CCInfrastructure ArchitectACT
- FTSystem Analyst - IntegrationQLD
- CCWintel Server EngineerNSW
- CCIT Security Risk AnalystVIC
- CCChange AnalystQLD
- FTFrontend DeveloperNSW
- CCProcess Improvement AnalystVIC
- FTDeputy Chief Engineer - Defence Systems - IT Services - Nowra BasedNSW
- CCWeb DesignerQLD
- FTSenior Business Analyst - GROUP LIFE INSURANCENSW
- FTDeployment Analyst / Customer Service - Minchinbury NSWNSW
- FTLooking for Software TestersACT
- FTSenior Software Engineer - JavaQLD
- FTSenior UX/UI DesignerNSW
- FTSenior Business AnalystQLD
- FTSystem Engineer - VMWare, UCS, NetAppVIC
- FTAccount Manager - Technology SolutionsNSW
- CCMid-level Business Process Analyst (Automation) - Contract - ParramattaNSW
- TPIT Support AnalystNSW
- FTSenior iOS DeveloperNSW
- FTL&D Manager, Transformation Program in Finance ServicesNSW
- FTNetwork EngineerSA
- FTSenior Ruby on Rails DeveloperNSW
- CCSecurity Incident Analyst - Splunk - TelcoVIC