Intel won't ship its Larrabee graphics processor, but elements of the chip will be used in future server and laptop processors, a company spokesman said on Wednesday.
Facebook chief executive Mark Zuckerberg's vision for a less private Internet is slowly coming to fruition, a survey by the Pew Internet & American Life Project suggests.
Hitachi Maxell, Ltd. and Tokyo Institute of Technology jointly announced this month that they have developed an ultra high capacity tape media that will eventually lead to magnetic tape cartridges with more than 50TB capacity, or 33 times more than t...
Apple passed a major milestone today, becoming the world's largest technology company as measured by the total value of its shares.
Gartner is predicting a 22 percent growth of global PC sales for 2010, following years of declining volume. The rebound is reflective of the general economic recovery, but also illustrates the pent up demand created by companies and consumers avoidin...
Web creator Sir Tim Berners-Lee resorted to using a bag of potato chips to explain the ease and benefits of using linked open data.
Symantec says it has unearthed a server hosting the credentials of 44 million stolen gaming accounts -- and one of the most surprising aspects of it is that the accounts were being validated by a Trojan distributed to compromised computers.
The Nine Network is using Ericsson technology to run the behind-the-scenes 3D video processing at tonight’s State of Origin match. The 3D broadcast is a world first on free-to-air TV, and Nine has chosen Ericsson for its experience in the still-devel...
The significance of VMware's role in a three-way partnership with Cisco Systems and EMC has been overblown by the media, a senior VMware executive said, reaffirming the company's intention to remain neutral amidst competition between top hardware mak...
McAfee Tuesday said it's signed an agreement to acquire privately held Trust Digital as part of its strategy to expand into the mobile security arena, the enterprise sector in particular. The acquisition price for Trust Digital was not disclosed.
MasterCard is launching a program for external developers interested in tapping into some of the credit card giant's internal payment and data services to create applications.
Two longtime Microsoft Entertainment and Devices division executives are leaving the company in a move that will give CEO Steve Ballmer more control over the group.
VoltDB, a new open-source database for large-scale transaction processing, emerged from beta on Tuesday.
Oracle has acquired the intellectual property assets of Market2Lead, maker of marketing automation and demand-generation software, for an undisclosed sum.
A workhorse that will run the extra mile to increase efficiency in the workspace
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 2 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
- 4 Oppo A57 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Moto G5 Plus phone: full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Huawei Watch 2 Classic Review: Good watch but a missed opportunity for Wear 2.0
- Far Cry 5's first trailer reveals religious cults and explosions in picturesque Montana
- Amazon is offering two free months of Music Unlimited to new subscribers
- This week in games: Red Dead Redemption 2 is delayed, Destiny 2 PC servers explained
- Any website can crash your Windows 7 or 8 PC with these four characters
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Asus ROG Strix Z270F Gaming motherboard review
- The simple RAM buying guide
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- CCWeb Designer - IT Graphics / UI DesignerACT
- FTJunior-Mid Level Implementation CoordinatorQLD
- FTSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCSharepoint DeveloperNSW
- CCTechnical Specialist - Cloud ServicesVIC
- FTCustomer Service OperatorVIC
- FTIT Field Services ManagerNSW
- CCSecurity Business AnalystNSW
- CCSolution DesignerNSW
- CCMDM DesignerVIC
- FTSolution Architect - Datacentre / StorageQLD
- TPSenior .Net DeveloperSA
- FTClient Onboarding ManagerNSW
- CCDevOps EngineerNSW
- FTSenior Software Engineer - JavaQLD
- FTHCM Project Manager & Service Implementation Manager - SAP HRNSW
- FTSupport Analyst - TallymanVIC
- CCData AnalystNSW
- CCDeployment Manager - TelcoVIC
- FTSecurity Engineer (IPS & Firewall exp essential) - Perm - IT Services - SydneyNSW
- FTDevOps EngineerNSW
- FTSolution ArchitectACT
- CCSQL Server Database Specialist l Bathurst LocationNSW