Experts used different data today to conclude that strong iPad sales have created a "halo" effect for Apple, boosting the number of Mac computers the company has sold.
The serious riots in Bangkok this week have taken a tragic toll out on the streets, but have also sparked an unprecedented emergence of amateur news gathering, shared over YouTube, Facebook and Twitter, which has proved ideal for the fast-moving situ...
It's too soon to call the iPad a game-changing tech success story, but that lofty title gets closer by the week. With soaring sales, huge gains as an e-reader, real cuts into the netbook market, and sky-high (albeit early) customer satisfaction rates...
Firefox is beating Google's Chrome where it counts, in the number of users running each browser, a Mozilla executive argued Thursday.
<a href="http://www.infoworld.com/t/microsoft">Microsoft</a> this week offered a release candidate &nbsp;of its Windows Server AppFabric technology for caching of Web applications. A general release is planned for next month.
Facebook has fixed a flaw that let hackers delete Facebook friends without permission.
The Facebook page that led the Pakistan government to ban the entire site was back online Saturday, at least for some users, after it was inaccessible for about two days.
Oracle has bought UK <a href="http://www.secerno.com/?gclid=CPHdsPyK46ECFUcA4wodtUUIKg">database security startup Secerno</a> for an undisclosed sum, bringing to an end the independence of one of the last decade's most unusual UK-based startups.
Nigeria's Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) is asking German authorities for a copy of the sentence a Munich court handed in the case of two former Siemens managers found guilty of bribery to obtain telecom contracts in Nigeria.
After months of speculation, Google Thursday unveiled Google TV , described as a way to meld surfing the Internet with channel surfing.
Google launched a <a href="http://www.pcworld.com/article/196932/encrypted_search_comes_to_google.html">new beta service this week</a>--encrypted search using SSL (secure sockets layer) to protect searches from being snooped or intercepted while trav...
Two NASA astronauts today installed two new batteries on the International Space Station's solar array, which should keep the orbiter powered up for years to come.
Holographic TV is the future, literally. Japanese tech-heads revealed proposals to FIFA this week to host the 2022 World Cup, offering with it holographic broadcasts to the globe.
Another attack using rogue Facebook applications hit users' PCs Saturday in a virtual repeat of last weekend's massive assault, security researchers said.
Anyone wondering about the level of interest in the HTML5 specification need only have tried to get into a standing room-only session on the topic at Google's developer conference on Wednesday afternoon.
Singing praises about a device that literally ‘sings’ – find out what this is all about.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 2 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
- 4 Oppo A57 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Moto G5 Plus phone: full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Titan Souls is free for Twitch Prime and Amazon Prime subscribers
- Anker's extremely popular ergonomic mouse is 70% off today
- Google explains why Android apps still aren't on Chromebooks
- HP's Envy 13 offers Surface Laptop features without the markup—or Windows 10 S
- HP's Spectre x2 may be the Surface Pro killer we've been waiting for
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Huawei P10 smartphone review
- Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- Moto G5 smartphone: full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- FTPractise Manager - SecurityVIC
- FTSystem Analyst - IntegrationQLD
- FTSenior Microwave Transmission EngineerNSW
- FTBI Developer (SQL Server Reporting Services)SA
- CCSenior Teradata Developer/Analyst ProgrammerNSW
- FTBI and Report DeveloperQLD
- FTNodeJS and AngularJS DeveloperQLD
- CCSAP ISU Functional ConsultantVIC
- TPPrimary Support Officer (Level 1)VIC
- FTWeb DeveloperQLD
- FTSolution Architect (Voice/DATA/Network)SA
- CCSenior Digital BANSW
- CCService DeskSA
- CCInfrastructure EngineerACT
- FTFull Stack Developer - JavaNSW
- TPChange ManagerVIC
- FTSupport Engineer Level 3QLD
- CC.Net DeveloperNSW
- TPSenior Project ManagerQLD
- FTSenior PHP Developer / Technical LeadQLD
- CCSecurity Incident Analyst - Splunk - TelcoVIC
- CCGIS Consultant/ Developer - BRISBANENSW
- TPSolution Architect - LIS ProgramQLD
- TPICT Customer Support OfficerNSW