The Australian Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organization (CSIRO) is suing three of the largest U.S. mobile operators, charging they infringed a patent by selling wireless LAN products.
Beyond its power to give voice to the mundane details of millions of members' lives, Twitter has managed to influence politics, sport, diplomacy, science - just about every realm of human endeavor. Here's a quiz about some of its more publicized uses...
<a href="http://www.computerworld.com/s/article/9137163/Apple_Update">Apple</a> 's <a href="http://www.computerworld.com/s/article/9108338/Continuing_coverage_Apple_s_iPhone">iPhone</a> came out on top in terms of customer satisfaction compared with ...
For a minute there, it looked like hell had frozen over.
Microsoft had planned to enter the tablet market, but recently pulled the plug on its Courier prototype. Now, critics are claiming that Microsoft must develop something to challenge the Apple iPad and stake a claim in the tablet arena, or else. On th...
One Laptop Per Child won't use Microsoft's Windows OS on its upcoming XO-3 tablet, which will run Linux, OLPC's CTO said Thursday.
Whole lotta shakin' coming from the Redmond, Wash., vicinity, and I'm not talking about an earthquake. Yesterday Steve Ballmer beheaded his president of entertainment and devices, 22-year veteran Microsoftie Robbie Bach. Bach's top design guy, J Alla...
SGI is making some big changes to its ICE Cube family of containerized data centers, adding new models that will be able to house standard server racks for the first time.
Google has released a Web browser add-on that will stop the browser from sending information to the Google Analytics service, which Web sites can use to collect data about their visitors.
Subscription TV provider FetchTV has announced prices for its video on demand service. Subscribers to the upcoming $30 per month service will gain access to all Australian digital free-to-air channels, as well as a selection of subscription TV conten...
While governments and other organizations are stepping up efforts at providing more information for public consumption, they should also provide tools to allow people to interpret this data, argued a Microsoft social media researcher.
Sony has developed a flexible color display that's sturdy enough to be wrapped around a pencil while still showing video images.
Videoconferencing company Vidyo has extended its SDK to the Android and Moblin mobile software platforms so users of smartphones and tablets can virtually meet with colleagues who are using PCs and full-room conference systems.
Oracle announced Wednesday it is acquiring technology for prepaid telecommunications billing from eServGlobal, boosting its hand in the telecom market.
Meru Networks is adding new features to its enterprise Wi-Fi diagnostics, monitoring and security software, along with a new radio frequency scanner for spectrum analysis. The goal is to improve wireless reliability to the point where it can work as ...
Get complimentary strategy guide here
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 HTC U11 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Gigabyte Aero 15 corporate gaming laptop review
- 3 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 4 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
Join the PC World newsletter!
- Akitio Node Cabinet review: Real, affordable graphics for your laptop
- Qantas booking systems go down after software fail
- Cadbury factory in Hobart hit as ransomware attacks Aussie businesses
- 10 supremely useful Microsoft OneNote add-ins and tools
- Hands-on: How the Asus ROG GX501 Zephyrus performs with Nvidia's Max-Q technology
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- MSI GL62M 7RDX gaming laptop review
- Alcatel A3 XL phone: Full, in-depth review
- Sony X9300E 2017 TV: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTFront End Developer | 6- 12mths ContractOther
- FTDigital Content ProducerOther
- FTApplication Support EngineerACT
- CCDevOps Team LeaderNSW
- FTSharePoint DevelopersOther
- FTBig Data ArchitectOther
- FTICT Procurement and Contracting SpecialistOther
- FTOrganizational Change ManagerACT
- CCMS Power BI SpecialistQLD
- CCCloud Orchestration SpecialistNSW
- FT.Net DeveloperOther
- FTFront End Developer (Mid-Level)Other
- FTIT Support EngineerNSW
- FTDigital Business Analyst - MediaOther
- FT.NET DeveloperOther
- FTRobotics & AI ConsultantOther
- FTEnterprise Transformation ArchitectOther
- FTSenior .NET DeveloperOther
- CCSecurity Incident Analyst - Splunk - TelcoVIC
- FTSEO SpecialistNSW
- FTSenior Technical Consultant - RELOCATE TO CANBERRANSW
- FTSenior PHP Developer / Technical LeadQLD
- FTSenior Business AnalystNSW
- TPBusiness AnalystQLD
- TPDigital Business AnalystNSW