Google's quest to keep browser-based applications running while offline is expanding to where it may be needed most: mobile devices.
Microsoft unveiled a new operating system on Tuesday, but don't get too excited.
Russian security vendor Kaspersky Lab has a prototype version of its virus protection software waiting in the wings in case Apple Mac OS X suddenly becomes a target of choice for hackers.
Cisco this week overhauled its edge router line with a new platform designed to provide better support for converged applications between corporate headquarters and branch offices.
A New Zealand security researcher has published a software tool allowing attackers to quickly gain access to Windows systems via a Firewire port.
GPS navigation vendor TomTom today announced a new line of devices that will use real-world traffic data to produce more realistic calculations of the fastest driving routes.
Intel has warned that low prices for NAND flash memory chips will have a greater financial impact during the first quarter than company officials had initially anticipated.
iiNet is seeking to fill the gap in the small office and SMB VoIP market with the introduction of a multi-line VoIP service, announced today.
Symantec is taking its first step into desktop encryption by rebranding two endpoint security products from GuardianEdge, though the intent is to integrate the encryption capability into Symantec's own flagship desktop security product at some future...
To try to spur interest in its upcoming Office Live Workspace service, Microsoft plans to announce this week that it is running a sweepstakes in the US with a US$100,000 grand prize for US beta testers of the Web-based document storage and collaborat...
If your computer gets infected with a Trojan called the "MonaRonaDona virus," be careful with what you use to wipe it off your computer, says antimalware software provider Kaspersky. MonaRonaDona is part of an elaborate scam to sell fake antivirus so...
Known in the development world as the father of Java, Sun Microsystems' vice president and fellow James Gosling has urged coders to stop using the antiquated Emacs text editor and move to a more modern IDE like Sun's own open source NetBeans.
Proginet on Monday unveiled its CFI Attachment Manager software, which is designed to reduce the storage strain and management complexity that file attachments can bring to overtaxed e-mail servers.
Online video can boost electronics retailers' brand recognition and sales, although business and technical considerations have to be taken into account to achieve good results.
Google's YouTube will soon give marketers more data about viewership of its videos, so that they have a better understanding of clips' reach and effectiveness at boosting brand awareness and sales.
Get your complimentary whitepaper here
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 HTC U11 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Gigabyte Aero 15 corporate gaming laptop review
- 3 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 4 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
Join the PC World newsletter!
- Radeon Vega Frontier Edition: Benchmarks and behind-the-scenes AMD interview
- Hands-on: AMD's Radeon Vega Frontier Edition vs Nvidia Titan Xp
- The 10 best Android apps for Chromebooks
- This week in games: Homeworld's lost expansion returns, 15 minutes of Beyond Good & Evil 2
- It's time to upgrade to TLS 1.3 already, says CDN engineer
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- MSI GL62M 7RDX gaming laptop review
- Alcatel A3 XL phone: Full, in-depth review
- Sony X9300E 2017 TV: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTDevOps EngineerOther
- FTBusiness AnalystOther
- FTSenior Security Analyst - TelecommunicationsOther
- FTFinance and PeopleSoft Project ManagerOther
- FT.NET DeveloperOther
- FTJava Developer - Networking ExperienceOther
- FTPractice Director Development – Adelaide Delivery CentreSA
- FTBusiness Analyst - Cloud BIOther
- CCTechnical Project Manager - CloudNSW
- CCSystems TesterNSW
- FTSenior Java DeveloperOther
- FTBusiness AnalystSA
- FTImplementation Consultant - SMSF SoftwareOther
- FTWintel EngineerSA
- CCData AnalystVIC
- FTAnalyst Programmer (Classic ASP / VB)Other
- FTSenior Systems EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- FTImplementation ConsultantNSW
- FTICT Programme Director – Adelaide Delivery CentreSA
- FTProgram CoordinatorOther
- FTSales Lead / Sales Executive - Enterprise IT Healthcare Perm - North RydeNSW
- CCSenior Application SupportVIC
- FTSenior Solution Designer, Investment PlatformNSW