If you're holding your breath for the Apple iPhone software development kit, and your authorized attempt to build native applications for the wildly popular handheld, you may have to hold it a bit longer.
Microsoft's decision last week to let everyone snoop through its software secrets means vulnerabilities and exploits will almost certainly climb in the short term, security researchers said Monday.
A US federal judge in Seattle last week granted class-action status to a 2007 lawsuit that claimed Microsoft defrauded consumers by promoting PCs as "Vista Capable" when some could run only the most basic version of the then-still-unreleased operatin...
Bridging the gap between desktop and Web applications, Adobe Systems is set to ship Monday its AIR (Adobe Integrated Runtime) 1.0 technology for melding applications from both of these realms. Formerly known by its code name Apollo, the free technolo...
Trend Micro has acquired Identum, an e-mail encryption software vendor based in Bristol, UK.
Fujitsu Monday upgraded its 2.5-in. SATA (Serial Advanced Technology Attachment) disk drive line with the addition of the new MHZ2 BT-series offering that offers up to 500GB storage capacity in a three-platter design.
Cisco is announcing a 40-core network processor Monday that seems designed to upgrade its CRS-1 core router, though the company isn't saying yet.
VMware unveiled three management tools ahead of VMworld, the European version of its user conference, which officially starts Tuesday.
A critical vulnerability in VMware's virtualization software for Windows lets attackers escape the "guest" operating system and modify or add files to the underlying "host" operating system, the company has acknowledged.
Microsoft will stop making external HD DVD drives for its Xbox 360 game console, but won't say whether it will offer a Blu-ray Disc drive instead.
Imagine tapping out text messages on a device the size of an index card and as flat as a piece of paper, then folding it in thirds to hold it to your ear and make a phone call. Refold it in a slightly different shape and wrap it around your wrist, wh...
The head of Sony's in-house game studio and one of its longest serving executives, Phil Harrison, will resign from the company at the end of February, Sony Computer Entertainment said Monday.
The University of Newcastle has partnered with Telstra's Internet Service Provider (ISP) Bigpond to offer unmetered access to its Web site.
Melbourne based telco provider Blitz Telecom Australia Pty Ltd will seek public listing via reverse merger on the Australian Stock Exchange (ASX) following its acceptance of a $16.5 million takeover offer from Voltage IP Ltd.
Shadow communications minister Bruce Billson today called on the government to provide more detail on its $8 billion Fibre-to-the-Node (FttN) network.
Get your complimentary whitepaper here
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 2 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
- 4 Oppo A57 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Moto G5 Plus phone: full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Far Cry 5's first trailer reveals religious cults and explosions in picturesque Montana
- Amazon is offering two free months of Music Unlimited to new subscribers
- This week in games: Red Dead Redemption 2 is delayed, Destiny 2 PC servers explained
- Any website can crash your Windows 7 or 8 PC with these four characters
- AMD's new AM4 motherboard software cures Ryzen's memory headaches
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Asus ROG Strix Z270F Gaming motherboard review
- The simple RAM buying guide
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- FTSenior Business AnalystVIC
- CCChange AnalystNSW
- CCSharepoint DeveloperVIC
- FTSenior IT Project ManagerSA
- FTSolution Architect - NetworksNSW
- TPProject ManagerVIC
- FTResearch Officer / Data Scientist .Work Location- ACTACT
- CCData AnalystNSW
- FTIntegration SpecialistQLD
- CCSalesforce DeveloperNSW
- FTDatabase Developer - SQLACT
- TPEnterprise Solutions ArchitectNSW
- FTPrincipal Consultant / Account Delivery Executive.NSW
- FTSenior SQL Database SpecialistACT
- FTTechnical Solution ArchitectSA
- TPBusiness Analyst - Change and Process ImprovementQLD
- FTLevel 2 Desktop Support - Microsoft Office 365 experienceNSW
- TPETL DeveloperNSW
- FTLevel 3 Service Desk Support Engineer / Project ManagerQLD
- FTSenior Business Development Manager| SMSF/Accounting SoftwareNSW
- TPSenior Developer - API - Data ReportingNSW
- TPSharepoint DeveloperQLD
- CCData AnalystNSW
- FTProject Coordinator - Digital Applications (IT)NSW