Two weeks after it last handed a new build of Windows XP Service Pack 3 (SP3) to several thousand invitation-only testers, Microsoft posted that version for public downloading.
Microsoft on Wednesday revealed details of the next version of its Windows OS for small businesses and formally introduced a new product line aimed at small and mid-size businesses.
Sun Microsystems has tapped Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing (TSMC) to manufacture its latest UltraSparc processors, Sun said Tuesday.
Toshiba's announcement to end production of HD DVD players and recorders will not affect the Xbox 360, even though Microsoft offers an optional stand-alone HD DVD drive for the game console, Microsoft said in a statement Tuesday.
Sabre Travel Network yesterday unveiled an 'Enterprise 2.0' social networking product designed to let users share travel advice and recommendations with colleagues.
Responding to reports of endlessly rebooting PCs that flooded support newsgroups last week, Microsoft said it had pulled an update designed to prep Windows Vista for Service Pack 1.
In the US, privacy and civil rights advocates are expressing their dismay over a pair of decisions made by a California District Court judge last week to shut down Wikileaks.org, a controversial Web site that allows whistleblowers to anonymously post...
The teams developing the OpenDocument Format (ODF) and Office Open XML (OOXML) standards should work together, evolving the two in parallel, the editor of the ODF standard said Tuesday in an open letter to the standards-setting community.
Compellent has released a new version of its Storage Center software. The latest release delivers drive-based tiered storage and thin data importing, which can cut the number of drives needed by 80 per cent, the company said.
The Mozilla Foundation Tuesday opened Mozilla Messaging, a new subsidiary focused on developing its free, open-source Thunderbird e-mail software.
The Mozilla Foundation early this week put a name to its e-mail subsidiary and said the first job of the spin-off will be to produce Thunderbird 3.0, the next update to the open-source group's e-mail client.
A deal for Bain Capital Partners and China's Huawei Technologies to buy 3Com is on hold because the companies were unable to come to agreement with the U.S. Committee on Foreign Investment in the United States (CFIUS) about security concerns.
The Australian Communications and Media Authority (ACMA) is planning to totally transform spectrum management in Australia.
In what may be a perceived threat to the objectivity of the Office Open XML standards process, Standards Australia will include a Microsoft developer and consultant as part of its delegation for this month's Ballot Resolution Meeting (BRM) in Geneva.
A new national converged single telco network with switches in Australia, the United Kingdom and North America was unveiled yesterday by Blitz Telecom.
Get complimentary strategy guide here
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 HTC U11 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Gigabyte Aero 15 corporate gaming laptop review
- 3 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 4 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
Join the PC World newsletter!
- The 10 best Android apps for Chromebooks
- This week in games: Homeworld's lost expansion returns, 15 minutes of Beyond Good & Evil 2
- The Steam Link is currently on sale for $15
- It's time to upgrade to TLS 1.3 already, says CDN engineer
- Kogan Agora 8 phone: Full, in-depth review
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- MSI GL62M 7RDX gaming laptop review
- Alcatel A3 XL phone: Full, in-depth review
- Sony X9300E 2017 TV: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCInfrastructure Project ManagerNSW
- TPProject Officer (PMO)VIC
- TPSenior Business AnalystQLD
- FTService Desk EngineerNSW
- FTApplication Support AnalystOther
- FTIT Procurement Advisor | Financial ServicesQLD
- CCSenior Master Data AnalystNSW
- FTSolution Designer, Financial MarketsNSW
- FTSenior Technical Consultant - RELOCATE TO CANBERRANSW
- CCJunior Network Designer - Telco - GISVIC
- FTApplication Security ArchitectOther
- FTEPAS Technical Support OfficerOther
- FTPHP DeveloperOther
- FTSenior Contracts Administrator- Construction BackgroundOther
- CCSAP Trainer l Start before the 1st JulyNSW
- CCDigital Content SpecialistNSW
- FTICT Procurement and Contracting SpecialistOther
- FTSenior Data AnalystOther
- FTSenior Java DeveloperNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst - RetailOther
- FTLevel 2/3 Application Support SpecialistQLD
- FTSenior .NET DevelopersOther
- CCMultiple Front End Developers - BRISBANE | React.js | Angular.js | Node.js |WA
- CCProject SpecialistVIC
- FTProject Manager - Service Migration & DataNSW