Sony Ericsson Mobile Communications AB's first Windows Mobile device, to appear in the second half of 2008, will be called Xperia X1.
Intel has shrunk another processor that will be incorporated into new ultrathin laptops, possibly creating competition for the processor it developed for the MacBook Air ultrathin laptop.
Continuing its push into the mobile consumer market, Microsoft announced that it plans to acquire Danger, the developer of software and services that run the Sidekick.
Yahoo's rejection of Microsoft's acquisition bid is likely a negotiating strategy to elicit a higher offer and shouldn't be seen as an attempt to resist a deal at all costs, according to analysts.
Confirming weekend rumors, Yahoo rejected on Monday Microsoft's US$44.6 billion cash-and-stock offer, saying the unsolicited proposal substantially undervalues the company.
Google's Android software platform for mobile phones is coming to life in Barcelona, with a number of chip manufacturers showing it running on prototype or proof-of-concept phones at the Mobile World Congress on Monday.
Microsoft Chairman Bill Gates talked publicly for the first time on Monday about the next big Office release, code-named Office 14, which he said will give users new ways to access their applications online.
Microsoft has updated its Office Live Small Business hosted service with new e-commerce and marketing tools to help small businesses sell their products and services online.
The Discovery Channel Monday launched a new 3-D Rich Internet Application (RIA) called Earth Live that allows users to interact with scientific data and visualize events such as climate change and polar melting in real time.
WatchGuard is adding SSL VPN capabilities to its Firebox line of multi-function security devices, turning them into remote access gateways for devices that don't have IPSec clients.
Microsoft Chairman Bill Gates touted yesterday on Microsoft's plans to build a declarative modeling language that could greatly reduce the need to code.
Tight margins and aggressive market conditions have forced NEC to exit the entry-level LCD monitors market.
Internet Service Providers (ISPs) and industry commentators have attacked Telstra and the government for not drafting ADSL2+ regulation and have called for discussions between industry and the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC).
The use of data encryption could make organizations vulnerable to new risks and threats, a panel of security experts warned today.
Flock this week added MySpace support to its Mozilla-based social Web browser that allows users to monitor what is happening on their favorite social networks while they surf the Web.
A workhorse that will run the extra mile to increase efficiency in the workspace
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 2 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
- 4 Oppo A57 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Moto G5 Plus phone: full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Huawei Watch 2 Classic Review: Good watch but a missed opportunity for Wear 2.0
- Far Cry 5's first trailer reveals religious cults and explosions in picturesque Montana
- Amazon is offering two free months of Music Unlimited to new subscribers
- This week in games: Red Dead Redemption 2 is delayed, Destiny 2 PC servers explained
- Any website can crash your Windows 7 or 8 PC with these four characters
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Asus ROG Strix Z270F Gaming motherboard review
- The simple RAM buying guide
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- FTTest AnalystSA
- FTsolution ArchitectNSW
- FTIntegration and Implementation SpecialistVIC
- FTSolution ArchitectNSW
- FTDeputy Chief Engineer - Defence Systems - IT Services - Nowra BasedNSW
- FTIT Field Services ManagerNSW
- CCReporting System Specialist - Port MacquarieQLD
- TPDatawarehouse Test AnalystSA
- FTImplementation Engineer - Cisco UCSWA
- TPChange Management - Multi-stream people change program**NSW
- CCSecurity Incident Analyst - Splunk - TelcoVIC
- CCIT Security Risk AnalystVIC
- TPSecurity AdvisorACT
- CCData AnalystNSW
- FTEnterprise Architect - Technology and StrategyQLD
- FTPMO Quality OfficerNSW
- FTNetwork SpecialistNSW
- FTReport Developer and Visualisation AnalystQLD
- FTScrum Master/Project ManagerQLD
- CCBusiness Analyst - Banking/FinanceNSW
- FTProject Manager HFC Capacity ManagementVIC
- FTNetwork EngineerNSW
- FTApplication Support EngineerACT
- CCSAP HCM Support & Configuration ConsultantQLD