Yahoo's rejection of Microsoft's acquisition bid is likely a negotiating strategy to elicit a higher offer and shouldn't be seen as an attempt to resist a deal at all costs, according to analysts.
Confirming weekend rumors, Yahoo rejected on Monday Microsoft's US$44.6 billion cash-and-stock offer, saying the unsolicited proposal substantially undervalues the company.
Google's Android software platform for mobile phones is coming to life in Barcelona, with a number of chip manufacturers showing it running on prototype or proof-of-concept phones at the Mobile World Congress on Monday.
Microsoft Chairman Bill Gates talked publicly for the first time on Monday about the next big Office release, code-named Office 14, which he said will give users new ways to access their applications online.
Microsoft has updated its Office Live Small Business hosted service with new e-commerce and marketing tools to help small businesses sell their products and services online.
The Discovery Channel Monday launched a new 3-D Rich Internet Application (RIA) called Earth Live that allows users to interact with scientific data and visualize events such as climate change and polar melting in real time.
WatchGuard is adding SSL VPN capabilities to its Firebox line of multi-function security devices, turning them into remote access gateways for devices that don't have IPSec clients.
Microsoft Chairman Bill Gates touted yesterday on Microsoft's plans to build a declarative modeling language that could greatly reduce the need to code.
Tight margins and aggressive market conditions have forced NEC to exit the entry-level LCD monitors market.
Internet Service Providers (ISPs) and industry commentators have attacked Telstra and the government for not drafting ADSL2+ regulation and have called for discussions between industry and the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC).
The use of data encryption could make organizations vulnerable to new risks and threats, a panel of security experts warned today.
Flock this week added MySpace support to its Mozilla-based social Web browser that allows users to monitor what is happening on their favorite social networks while they surf the Web.
You might think the last thing you'd need to play games on your mobile phone would be a wireless remote control, but Zeemote's JS1 is just that.
Celltrust developed its SecureSMS application so banks could deliver secure text messages to their customers' mobile phones -- but the company's chief technology officer wonders whether French president Nicolas Sarkozy might like a copy of the softwa...
Competitors should keep a weary eye on newly minted Red Hat CEO Jim Whitehurst, whose fresh face masks a certified executioner who has a plan to grow the open source leader into a billion-dollar juggernaut supplying data center infrastructure softwar...
Get into your productive zone with the right business tool
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 2 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
- 4 Oppo A57 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Moto G5 Plus phone: full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Andy Rubin's $699 Essential Phone is finally here and it's weird
- HTC Vive Deluxe Audio Strap review: The Vive finally feel complete
- Intel's modular Compute Card puts a PC in your pocket
- AMD's 'TR4' Threadripper CPU socket is gigantic
- HTC's Vive VR headset will use WiGig to ditch its cumbersome cables
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Asus launches laptops to start Computex 2017
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- FTSolution Architect - DatacentreVIC
- CCAppian Developer x 2VIC
- CCTransport EngineerVIC
- CCTesting Manager - Energy sectorVIC
- FTBusiness Improvement ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Process ModellerNSW
- FTInfrastructure EngineerACT
- FTPrincipal Consultant / Account Delivery Executive.Other
- TPData AnalystVIC
- CCSAP HCM Support & Configuration ConsultantQLD
- FTField Engineer - Hardware DeploymentsNSW
- FTTest AnalystOther
- TPBI DeveloperNSW
- FTService Centre Assistant - Helpdesk (Level 1 Support)Other
- CCFront End DeveloperNSW
- TPNode.js DeveloperNSW
- FTIT Systems AdministratorOther
- FTApplication Support EngineerACT
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- FTGraphics Designer / UI DesignerOther
- FTProgramme ManagerACT
- CCWintel Server EngineerNSW
- TPSenior Consultant - ServiceNowNSW
- CCBusiness Change ManagerNSW