Kyoto University in Japan has ordered an AMD Opteron-based supercomputer that's not only powerful but achieves considerable energy savings over its current machine.
Many companies are eyeing online communities as a new way to connect with customers or market their brands. But corporate marketers should take note that social applications require them to flip traditional paradigms on their head and focus primarily...
Location-based services appeared here, there and everywhere at the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona this week, as service providers maneuvered to take advantage of the increasing number of mobile phones shipping with integrated GPS (Global Position...
Telstra has won access to the coveted government files detailing why Opel won the $958 million subsidy to build a national broadband network.
Defragmenting software company Diskeeper recently released the new version of its product, Diskeeper 2008.
Cybercriminals may have weighed risk and reward and figured that the first isn't worth the second if they try to exploit the 2008 US presidential campaign, a security researcher at Symantec said.
Hewlett-Packard is beefing up its Integrity BladeSystems with a new model released last week that's intended to handle memory and CPU intensive applications, such as databases.
Toshiba has halted production of HD DVD players and recorders and is close to making a decision on whether to throw in the towel on the high-definition movie disc format, Japanese public broadcaster NHK reported Saturday evening.
Four major U.S. newspaper chains launched an online advertising network on Friday that will let advertisers book national campaigns through a single point of contact, reaching 50 million people a month across the U.S.
The Web is scarier than most people realize, according to research published recently by Google.
Amazon S3 went down Friday morning, causing numerous problems in Web applications that rely on the online storage service.
Microsoft kept its promise and released Windows Vista Service Pack 1 last Thursday to subscribers of its for-pay TechNet and Microsoft Developer Network (MSDN) services, the company said.
Firefox 3.0's memory consumption is "dramatically improved," claimed Mozilla's chief engineer, because developers have aggressively attacked the open-source browser's notorious memory "leaks."
Microsoft said it has made technical information about all of its Office binary file formats openly available to outside software developers, while promising never to sue them for patent violations.
Using peer-to-peer (P2P) file sharing applications on the job raises the risk that confidential data residing on a user's PC might be inadvertently exposed to a cybercriminal, says the head of a security vendor.
A new tide of demand for high-performance computer equipment is sweeping the world, as eSports becomes a major form of entertainment and spectator activity. With that, the technology supporting eSports is maturing rapidly.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 HTC U11 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Gigabyte Aero 15 corporate gaming laptop review
- 3 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 4 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
Join the PC World newsletter!
- 10 supremely useful Microsoft OneNote add-ins and tools
- Hands-on: How the Asus ROG GX501 Zephyrus performs with Nvidia's Max-Q technology
- EU fines Google €2.42 billion, orders changes in search results
- OnePlus 5 review: This mid-range Android phone is speedy inside, but stale outside
- How to secure your CMS without patching
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- MSI GL62M 7RDX gaming laptop review
- Alcatel A3 XL phone: Full, in-depth review
- Sony X9300E 2017 TV: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSenior Developer (C# .NET SharePoint)Other
- FTDevOps EngineerOther
- FTTransition Consultant - SMSF SoftwareOther
- FTJAVA Programmer/DeveloperSA
- TPICT Customer Support Officer - ArmidaleNSW
- TPProject ManagerACT
- CCInfrastructure Engineer - Financial Services - Contract - Sydney CBDNSW
- FTSales / Account ManagerOther
- FTSplunk Software Developer | 6mth ContractOther
- TPTest AnalystVIC
- FTSenior Software Engineer - Positive Vetting, NV2 or NV1 required!!!!SA
- FTLevel 2 Network EngineerOther
- CCCommercial & Public Marketing ManagerNSW
- TPAnalyst ProgrammerSA
- FTJava DeveloperSA
- CCInfrastructure Project ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Business Analyst - SuperannuationOther
- TPSenior Business AnalystQLD
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- FTFull Stack .Net DeveloperWA
- FTTest Manager - Applications - NSW GovernmentOther
- FTRobotics & AI ConsultantOther
- FTJava DeveloperOther
- FTNetwork EngineerSA