Microsoft's plan to acquire mobile technology developer Danger will grant the software mogul the brand recognition it seeks in the youth market, analysts said.
Yahoo may team up with News Corp. to fend off Microsoft's bid to buy the struggling Web portal, according to a Wall Street Journal report on Wednesday.
After a flood of highly publicized user complaints, Facebook this week moved to make it easier for users to permanently delete their accounts and all the content associated with them by posting instructions on its user help page.
Attendees at the Microsoft 2008 Office System Developer Conference this week are leveraging development capabilities in Office System, but cite issues such as getting used to the new ribbon-based Fluent UI in the 2007 Office release.
Internet policymakers are considering sweeping changes to the way they distribute IP addresses that could allow network operators to make money by transferring unused blocks of IPv4 address space to others in need. One result could be lessened incent...
Sydney-based software company PipeVines has launched its customer interaction management application as an in-house application or hosted service that integrates call centre voice services with BPM and workflow management tools.
Amendments to the Privacy Act to be introduced this year include a range of sweeping new powers allowing the Privacy Commissioner to enforce the mandatory reporting of new data breaches.
A future version of Bluetooth will be able to increase throughput for sending videos, music, and other high-bandwidth applications by using a nearby Wi-Fi network, the group in charge of Bluetooth development says.
Extending its business services abilities, Dell will buy MessageOne for about $US155 million in cash.
Citrix has announced the first upgrades to the Xen server virtualisation products since completing the acquisition of XenSource last October.
T-Mobile has announced that it will soon begin using Yahoo as its preferred mobile search provider in Europe, ending the operator's existing relationship with Google for mobile search.
The FBI and the US Internet Crime Complaint Center today said that with Valentine's Day approaching, users should be on the lookout for spam e-mails spreading Storm Worm malware.
[[xref: http://www.microsoftsubnet.com|Microsoft]] Tuesday released 11 security patches, six with the highest rating of "critical" that span Windows, Office, and Internet Explorer, but some say it is a combination of two non-critical vulnerabilities ...
The bug fixes kept coming Monday, as Apple shipped critical security updates for its Mac OS X operating system.
gotalk has jumped on the naked DSL bandwagon with the announcement of what it calls an aggressive challenge to iiNet, Telstra and Optus naked DSL services.
4 lucky winners will be selected from a pool of all eligible entries and take home one of the following prizes.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 HTC U11 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Gigabyte Aero 15 corporate gaming laptop review
- 3 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 4 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
Join the PC World newsletter!
- Amazon has knocked $50 off the price of a 1TB SSD
- 10 supremely useful Microsoft OneNote add-ins and tools
- Hands-on: How the Asus ROG GX501 Zephyrus performs with Nvidia's Max-Q technology
- EU fines Google $2.72 billion, orders changes in search results
- OnePlus 5 review: This mid-range Android phone is speedy inside, but stale outside
PCW Evaluation Team
- MSI GL62M 7RDX gaming laptop review
- Alcatel A3 XL phone: Full, in-depth review
- Sony X9300E 2017 TV: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCTechnical Support - L2ACT
- TPSolution ArchitectNSW
- TPFront End .NET DeveloperQLD
- CCMigration Project ManagerNSW
- FTProgram CoordinatorOther
- CCSalesforce ArchitectVIC
- TPProduct OwnerVIC
- FTSiebel Design AnalystOther
- FTDigital DesignerOther
- FTSenior Siebel Integrator/Developer - Canberra/MelbourneOther
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- CCFront End DeveloperQLD
- CCGIS ESRI DeveloperWA
- FTResource AnalystOther
- CCReporting Analyst - Telco Network Projects - Contract - North SydneyNSW
- FT.Net DeveloperACT
- FTOracle Identity Management Solution ArchitectOther
- FTSenior Business AnalystSA
- FTSoftware Engineer - Content Design NetworkOther
- FTProject Manager-Rail/ Telecommunication /Electrical engineeringOther
- FTSenior Business Analyst l GROUP LIFE INSURANCE l SydneyNSW
- FTSenior Systems EngineerNSW
- CCICT Training ManagerNSW
- FTIT Procurement Advisor | Financial ServicesQLD
- CCProgram CoordinatorNSW