Intel will offer a detailed look at a new processor next week during a presentation at the International Solid State Circuits Conference (ISSCC) that should set the stage for an unexpectedly close battle with Taiwan's Via Technologies.
In another acquisition involving companies focused on open source, proponents of the Spring Framework and Apache software have joined forces in a merger being announced Tuesday.
Google said it has fixed a problem that was causing Windows Mobile phone users to receive blank Gmail messages.
In a candid discussion of his classified ads site and its business model, Craigslist founder Craig Newmark said Tuesday he has considered open-sourcing some Craiglist technology, frowns upon banner ads, and believes the site's impact on newspaper ad ...
Barracuda Networks plans to focus on finding prior art to defend itself and the open-source ClamAV project against patent claims by rival antivirus vendor Trend Micro, which stressed Tuesday that it owns a tested and valid patent.
Last week, the United States Patent and Trademark Office granted a patent to Minerva Industries, a Los Angeles-based patent-holding firm. On the same day it received the patent, Minerva proceeded to sue 33 companies for patent infringement.
New attacks using rigged Microsoft Word documents have been launched, a security company said Tuesday as it warned users to be leery of mail touting news about Tibet.
Windows Vista users now have a way to cut down the operating system's famously large installation footprint with a free software tool.
As servers and storage start to merge into unified, virtualised systems, Cisco wants to do the same thing with the networks that connect them.
Rockstar on Thursday said the PS3 was a "contributing factor" in the delay of GTA IV last fall.
Calculations that claim Apple Inc. is "missing" 1.4 million iPhones may be missing the point, according to an analyst, who said Monday that talk of uncounted phones overlooks the fact that the mobile market is only a small part of Apple's overall bus...
Music fans could be given the chance to legally download songs for free via a new service called Qtrax, an online file-sharing tool that promises unlimited, free music downloads. That is if they can actually download the program.
The annual linux.conf.au conference, now in its ninth year, kicked off at the University of Melbourne this week, and is on track to top all expectations with a record number of attendees and a bigger-than-ever program of mini-conferences, keynote add...
Research released today by the Australian Communications and Media Authority (ACMA) estimates 92 per cent of small to medium enterprises (SMEs) and 74 per cent of the farming community are connected to the Internet.
Fueled by rumors about Microsoft's next operating system, pranksters have taken to posting what they claim are leaked builds of Windows 7 but that actually are, according to downloaders, just fake disk images full of nothing.
Top tips to finding the right security solution for your needs
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 HTC U11 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Gigabyte Aero 15 corporate gaming laptop review
- 3 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 4 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
Join the PC World newsletter!
- AMD, Nvidia coin mining graphics cards appear as gaming GPU shortage intensifies
- Akitio Node Cabinet review: Real, affordable graphics for your laptop
- Qantas booking systems go down after software fail
- Cadbury factory in Hobart hit as ransomware attacks Aussie businesses
- 10 supremely useful Microsoft OneNote add-ins and tools
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- MSI GL62M 7RDX gaming laptop review
- Alcatel A3 XL phone: Full, in-depth review
- Sony X9300E 2017 TV: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCInfrastructure Engineer - Financial Services - Contract - Sydney CBDNSW
- CCTest LeadWA
- FTIT Support Specialist - Level 2Other
- FTSenior Java DeveloperOther
- FTQuality Assurance Specialist | 50 p/hrOther
- CCInfrastructure Project ManagerNSW
- TPSenior Java Developer - Mulesoft IntegrationQLD
- CC.Net DeveloperWA
- FTReporting AnalystSA
- FTPython Fullstack Developer (Full Stack Environment)Other
- FTDevOps ConsultantOther
- FTOracle Identity Management Solution ArchitectOther
- CCTest Analyst *MUST HAVE MAXIMO*NSW
- TPDigital Business AnalystNSW
- FTSplunk Software Developer | 6mth ContractOther
- FTNetwork ArchitectACT
- FTBusiness Analyst - TelecommunicationsOther
- FTSenior Security Analyst - TelecommunicationsOther
- FTPayroll Project ManagerOther
- FTIntegration Architect- NSW GovernmentOther
- CCTechnical Support - L2 with NV1 OR NV2 clearance (current / inactive).VIC
- FTSenior Java DeveloperOther
- FTProject Implementation ManagerOther
- FTCommunications Lead/ManagerACT
- FTTelecom RiggerOther