The publishers and author of the book Tom Cruise: An Unauthorised Biography could be sued under Australian defamation laws if anyone in Australia read it online in the form of an e-book.
Universities from Australia and around the world are taking part in the Google Online Marketing Challenge; a competition aimed at providing tertiary students with 'hands-on' experience in online advertising.
Apple has released its first security updates of the new year, fixing bugs in its QuickTime media player and iPhone and iPod touch devices.
Some Macintosh users have encountered a security program whose function and Web site have the tell-tale signs of a scam.
The OpenDocument Format (ODF) remains "more of an anti-Microsoft political statement than an objective technology selection" by users, according to a report released Monday by analysts at Burton Group, who recommend that companies adopt Microsoft's O...
The standards body that is pushing Microsoft's Office Open XML document format for approval as an ISO standard published a 2,300-page document on Monday addressing complaints and suggestions about the format made by International Standards Organizati...
Storm, which has grown into a large remotely controlled botnet since the initial worm appeared a year ago to infect victims' machines, is getting a graphic profile on a Web site set up to track it.
The global furniture giant Ikea has closed a serious security gap that for an unknown period of time gave hackers and phishers a free rein to exploit the company's mail server.
Security researchers have released code showing how a pair of widely used technologies could be misused to take control of a victim's Web browsing experience.
IBM has issued a warning about a security flaw in Tivoli Storage Manager Express backup and recovery system that could enable unauthorized access to data stored on the system.
Google's Maps application is making headway against the number-one ranked map Web site Mapquest, according to an analyst from Hitwise, which examines Internet usage data.
Mac users can now claim their first example of "scareware," a widespread scam in the Windows world where bogus security software tries to spook consumers into anteing up, an antivirus vendor reported Tuesday.
Apple's CEO Steve Jobs took centre stage at the Macworld Conference and Expo Tuesday to introduce what he called "the world's thinnest notebook," dubbed the MacBook Air.
Scientists in Japan have succeeded in controlling a humanoid robot with signals picked up in the US from a monkey's brain and transmitted across the Internet, they said Tuesday.
Google is coming for you. In fact, Google's minions are driving Chevy Cobalts with roof-mounted 360-degree digital cameras, and they want to take your picture. Smile! You're on Googlecam.
A workhorse that will run the extra mile to increase efficiency in the workspace
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 2 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
- 4 Oppo A57 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Moto G5 Plus phone: full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Huawei Watch 2 Classic Review: Good watch but a missed opportunity for Wear 2.0
- Far Cry 5's first trailer reveals religious cults and explosions in picturesque Montana
- Amazon is offering two free months of Music Unlimited to new subscribers
- This week in games: Red Dead Redemption 2 is delayed, Destiny 2 PC servers explained
- Any website can crash your Windows 7 or 8 PC with these four characters
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Asus ROG Strix Z270F Gaming motherboard review
- The simple RAM buying guide
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- FTIT Support Level 1 and 2NSW
- FTApplication Support EngineerNSW
- TPProject Manager - SOE / Office 365VIC
- CCIT Security Risk AnalystVIC
- CCFront End DeveloperNSW
- CCInfrastructure Business AnalystNSW
- FTBusiness Process ConsultantNSW
- FTSenior System EngineerNSW
- FTPeopleSoft Technical Campus Solution DeveloperNSW
- FTFrontend DeveloperNSW
- FTProject Manager Performance & ControlsQLD
- FTNetwork EngineerWA
- FTBusiness Intelligence DeveloperSA
- CCSolution Architect with Magento experience wantedVIC
- FTIT Security ConsultantNSW
- CCSenior Project Manger - Global MarketsVIC
- FTLevel 1 Support OfficerQLD
- FTFrontend developerNSW
- FTImplementation ConsultantNSW
- FT.Net DeveloperVIC
- TPBusiness AnalystACT
- CCImplementation Manager/PlannerNSW
- FT.Net DeveloperNSW