An agreement between MySpace and most US state attorneys general will significantly increase the safety of minors on the popular social network and boost the ability of police to catch and prosecute sexual predators who use the Web, said MySpace and ...
A sophisticated hacking scheme seen early last year is affecting an increasing number of Web servers, including one owned by a major online advertising company, the chief technology officer of Finjan Software said Monday.
Google released an update to its offerings for the iPhone, hoping to continue a trend that recently saw the iPhone briefly become the number-one mobile phone hitting Google sites.
A group of technology companies is offering to share some of its patents to encourage the development of environmentally friendly technologies.
In a quick turnabout, Microsoft made the newest tweak to Windows Vista Service Pack 1 (SP1) available to the public on Friday.
PIPE Networks on Monday announced the approval of a $200m undersea cable system stretching from Sydney to Guam which it claims will inject much needed competition into Australia's broadband market.
In the last two weeks, hackers have exploited an 18-month-old vulnerability in Microsoft Windows in three high-profile attack campaigns to infect PCs with advanced rootkits and launch infections from thousands of compromised Web sites.
The next generation of KDE's open source project, version 4.0, expected to be released today, will sport a major under the hood tune-up that will bring KDE to a much broader audience.
Ultra-thin flat panel displays were the highlight of this year's International Consumer Electronics Show, with many vendors showing thinner and sleeker high-definition TVs, giving users a peek of what LCD, plasma and OLED screens will look like in a ...
Linux development is more like a social network built on trusted relationships and less like a democratic community of individuals dedicated to a single development process, according to Linux creator Linus Torvalds.
Internet Service Providers (ISPs), IT managers and the Electronic Frontiers Australia (EFA) have slammed the federal government's national content filtering scheme and dubbed it a technically impossible token gesture.
Child Wise CEO Bernadette McMenamin has clarified her position on the Federal government's plan to implement mandatory Internet filtering at the ISP level, stating that all she wants blocked are child pornography Web sites, and nothing else.
While the Consumer Electronics Association announced that it would go green by purchasing 20,000 tons' worth of carbon offsets, a few companies at CES 2008's Sustainable Technologies TechZone introduced new products that use fewer nonrenewable resour...
Intel has developed a whitebox blade server based on standardised components, instead of specialised parts usually used to produce such systems.
Amazon is probably the biggest name in the emerging online storage market, but new competition is coming from a startup called Nirvanix that built a storage service to accommodate vast increases in digital media content fueled by the growing populari...
Get into your productive zone with the right business tool
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 2 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
- 4 Oppo A57 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Moto G5 Plus phone: full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Huawei Watch 2 Classic Review: Good watch but a missed opportunity for Wear 2.0
- Far Cry 5's first trailer reveals religious cults and explosions in picturesque Montana
- Amazon is offering two free months of Music Unlimited to new subscribers
- This week in games: Red Dead Redemption 2 is delayed, Destiny 2 PC servers explained
- Any website can crash your Windows 7 or 8 PC with these four characters
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Asus ROG Strix Z270F Gaming motherboard review
- The simple RAM buying guide
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- FTSenior .Net DeveloperNSW
- FTLevel 2 Desktop SupportACT
- CCSenior Procurement SpecialistVIC
- FTProject ManagerNSW
- TPAEM DeveloperNSW
- FTProject Manager HFC Capacity ManagementVIC
- CCProject Manager Performance & ControlsQLD
- FTSenior UX/UI DesignerNSW
- FTSenior Project ManagerNSW
- FTTeam LeaderSA
- FTDigital Business Analyst/Project Manager | PermanentQLD
- CCInfrastructure Test ManagerNSW
- FTSenior iOS DeveloperNSW
- CCSystems Analyst- Port MacquarieQLD
- FTApplication System EngineerACT
- FTUX ResearcherVIC
- TPProject Manager - ProcurementQLD
- TPMS Access/SQL DBAQLD
- TPUAT CoordinatorQLD
- CCGIS Consultant/ Developer - BRISBANEQLD
- FTNetwork AdministratorQLD
- FTSplunk Software Developer | 6mth ContractVIC
- TPEOI - JAVA DeveloperACT
- CCPega DeveloperQLD