At the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas, Qualcomm offered a sneak peek of its concept for an ultramobile PC for the largely untapped market where it will meet Intel head on.
The GPS gold rush is in full swing at the 2008 Consumer Electronics Show, with industry veterans introducing increasingly sophisticated navigation systems while newcomers try to get a foot in the door.
Sony is developing a wireless data transfer system for gadgets that is capable of sending pictures, video and data over a range of a few centimeters.
The Nintendo Wii brought gesture control to game play, and it seems very likely that you'll soon be seeing variations on the idea in a lot more consumer products.
In a departure for the Consumer Electronics Show, the keynote address on Tuesday came from a company that doesn't build any consumer electronics products.
Microsoft has no plans to add HD DVD capabilities to its Xbox console, despite rumors to contrary.
A week before Macworld San Francisco -- the trade show where Apple usually trots out new headline-grabbing hardware -- the company Tuesday unveiled a retooled Mac Pro desktop machine and a new Xserve server, calling them the fastest Macintoshes ever.
Much like the music video changed radio and television, the Personal Internet is going to revolutionize the entertainment industry.
The BBC presenter Jeremy Clarkson has lost £500 after publishing his bank details in a British newspaper in a naive attempt to prove that the UK's largest ever data breach was a storm in a tea cup.
Breaking an unwritten code of conduct, security researchers at SkyRecon Systems said that a password vulnerability they had reported to Microsoft will be patched by the developer later Tuesday.
Google and Apple don't have major booths on the floor of the CES trade show, but they are very much on the minds of their competitors.
As small and medium-sized businesses (SMBs) save more data and rely on it more, they are turning to networked storage even under the burden of limited budgets and IT expertise.
Virtualization will have the single largest impact on budgets for IT hardware and support over the next three years, a market that will be dominated by three large vendors, says a new study.
As the United States' presidential candidates pinball their way across New Hampshire on the day of the state's closely watched primary elections, a new form of grassroots activism appears to be taking root across the Atlantic, in Eastern Europe, that...
Hewlett-Packard Tuesday announced that it plans to reduce energy consumption of its personal computers by 25% within two years.
Singing praises about a device that literally ‘sings’ – find out what this is all about.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 2 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
- 4 Oppo A57 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Moto G5 Plus phone: full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Watch us play Vanquish on PC
- Newegg is selling a pure sine wave UPS for just $125 right now
- Microsoft's Beam becomes Mixer, adds four person split-screen streaming to battle Twitch
- Nvidia's new generation of powerful GeForce GTX Battlebox PCs finally embraces AMD
- How Thunderbolt 3 won the port wars
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- MSI GE62 7RD Apache gaming laptop review
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Oppo A57 phone: full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- FT.NET DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Business Analyst, Wealth ManagementNSW
- FTCustomer Support Team LeadNSW
- FTSenior Citrix Engineer / LeadNSW
- TPInstructional DesignerVIC
- FTIntegration SpecialistQLD
- TPArcGIS DeveloperVIC
- CCImplementation Manager/PlannerSA
- FTWEB DesignerQLD
- TPTechnical ArchitectVIC
- FTNetwork EngineerQLD
- FTWintel EngineerACT
- CCOracle CCB DesignerVIC
- FTBI BA Consultant l Microstrategy, Business ObjectsNSW
- FTNV1 Cleared Software Configuration Engineer - Defence Projects - North Ryde areaNSW
- FTSalesforce ConsultantQLD
- FTSenior Solution Designer/ ConsultantVIC
- TPICT Customer Support Officer - MurwillumbahNSW
- FTPMO Quality OfficerNSW
- TPData Migration LeadNSW
- CCIdentity Access Management - Business AnalystVIC
- FTPeopleSoft Technical Campus Solution DeveloperNSW
- FTTechnical WriterVIC