The BBC presenter Jeremy Clarkson has lost £500 after publishing his bank details in a British newspaper in a naive attempt to prove that the UK's largest ever data breach was a storm in a tea cup.
Breaking an unwritten code of conduct, security researchers at SkyRecon Systems said that a password vulnerability they had reported to Microsoft will be patched by the developer later Tuesday.
Google and Apple don't have major booths on the floor of the CES trade show, but they are very much on the minds of their competitors.
As small and medium-sized businesses (SMBs) save more data and rely on it more, they are turning to networked storage even under the burden of limited budgets and IT expertise.
Virtualization will have the single largest impact on budgets for IT hardware and support over the next three years, a market that will be dominated by three large vendors, says a new study.
As the United States' presidential candidates pinball their way across New Hampshire on the day of the state's closely watched primary elections, a new form of grassroots activism appears to be taking root across the Atlantic, in Eastern Europe, that...
Hewlett-Packard Tuesday announced that it plans to reduce energy consumption of its personal computers by 25% within two years.
McAfee has warned investors that the "ambiguous" nature of open source licensing could turn into a business threat.
Nearly one-fourth of companies surveyed by ChangeWave Research are now using Web 2.0-social networking software in some form, and another 8 percent intend to do so within the next year.
Linux creator Linus Torvalds, in an interview being made public by the Linux Foundation Tuesday, stressed that version 2 of the GPL (GNU General Public License) still makes the most sense for the Linux kernel over the newer GPL version 3.
A Canadian open source firm is considering contributing its technology to the LiMo Foundation, a consortium of companies striving to build a globally-available open, Linux-based operating system for mobile devices.
Big Think, a new Web 2.0-style site that bills itself as a conduit between global thought leaders and the public for sharing ideas on topics ranging from alternative energy to subprime mortgages, launched in beta on Monday.
Microsoft has fixed a critical flaw in the Windows operating system that could be used by criminals to create a self-copying computer worm attack.
Sony extended the functionality of the PSP at this week's Consumer Electronics Show, including Blu-ray to PSP movie transfers, GPS tracking, Skype support, and a 16GB memory stick.
Despite Warner Bros' recent decision to back Blu-ray (and Paramount's rumoured reversal), Microsoft says it is standing by its decision to support HD DVD on Xbox 360.
A new tide of demand for high-performance computer equipment is sweeping the world, as eSports becomes a major form of entertainment and spectator activity. With that, the technology supporting eSports is maturing rapidly.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 2 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
- 4 Oppo A57 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Moto G5 Plus phone: full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Power surge at British Airways data center causes flight chaos
- Asus' affordable but powerful VivoBook Pro 15 to offer Optane Memory
- Asus unveils the super slim ZenBook Flip S convertible
- Huawei Watch 2 Classic Review: Good watch but a missed opportunity for Wear 2.0
- Far Cry 5's first trailer reveals religious cults and explosions in picturesque Montana
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Asus launches laptops to start Computex 2017
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- FTNetwork EngineerNSW
- CCDisaster Recovery SpecialistQLD
- TPETL DeveloperNSW
- FTService Implementation Manager BIMNSW
- CCSenior PMO AnalystNSW
- FTInformation Management Business Capability AnalystACT
- TPTechnical ArchitectVIC
- TPDigital ProducerVIC
- FTSales Lead - Healthcare systemsVIC
- FTSenior React DeveloperNSW
- CCWintel Support EngineerVIC
- FTProject Manager or Coordinator - Retail Store ProjectsNSW
- FTSalesforce Marketing ConsultantNSW
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD
- FTSenior Software EngineerACT
- CCWintel Server EngineerNSW
- FT.Net DeveloperVIC
- FTEnterprise Architect - BusinessQLD
- CCXML DeveloperVIC
- FTAgile CoachNSW
- FTLooking for Software TestersACT
- FTSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCPenetration Test Analyst or Ethical HackerACT
- TPSenior Project Manager - Digital Application CX TransformationNSW