An iPhone owner who uses the alias "drunknbass" has hacked Apple's iconic smart phone and managed to turn it into a video camcorder.
Australia's Communications Alliance has revealed draft standards for the customer equipment that will be required for adoption of the next era in broadband technology - Very High Speed Digital Subscriber Line 2 (VDSL2).
Symantec is just weeks away from shipping a test version of the next major update to its Norton 360 desktop security-and-backup software, with the product expected to ship by the end of March.
Intel will embed solid-state storage drives in its upcoming platform for ultramobile PCs, aiming to meet increased storage requirements for users on the go.
Sun Microsystems on Monday plans to announce that it will provide support for the OpenOffice.org productivity software suite, citing a wave of momentum behind the open-source project.
Internet users are being warned about a new malware trend involving the use of natural language dialogue systems that are already deployed within gaming technologies.
Storage hardware vendor Iomega has signed a deal to buy sister hardware vendors indirectly owned by the Chinese government, in an effort to expand the company's product line.
AMD Chairman and CEO Hector Ruiz acknowledged Thursday that 2007 was a bad year for his company, but that didn't stop AMD's board of directors from raising his salary anyway.
Sun's chief open source officer said the company restored the original governance policy of an open source directory project because the stewards of the project made unauthorized changes to it five months before they were surprisingly swept up in com...
Amazon.com will soon begin a limited-release test of an upcoming Web-based database that will work closely with its S3 online storage service and EC2 online application hosting service.
The French Embassy Web site for Libya has been compromised and is serving up malware to visitors, according to McAfee.
Google last week announced plans to launch a tool it said will allow users to contribute articles for a new online encyclopedia of sorts. Unlike Wikipedia, Google's new Knol (which stands for a unit of knowledge) will include the names of authors who...
With Christmas just 11 days away, you have to wonder what Hector Ruiz is going to find under his tree. It's been a terrible year for Advanced Micro Devices, and the chipmaker's analysts conference on Thursday did nothing to spread holiday cheer.
A former employee of a scientific test equipment maker is charged with stealing millions of dollars of computer parts, possibly to resell on eBay.
Traditionally known as a big enterprise player, Cisco Systems began a strong move into the SMB space in 2007 with a host of new product offerings and channel programs designed to drive growth in the segment. While the technology is in place, an analy...
Singing praises about a device that literally ‘sings’ – find out what this is all about.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 2 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
- 4 Oppo A57 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Moto G5 Plus phone: full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- MSI Wins Computex Best Choice Award 2017 for a Record-Breaking 5 Products
- How to take screenshots in Windows 10
- The Pi Desktop kit transforms your Raspberry Pi into a stylish, SSD-powered mini-PC
- The Full Nerd episode 23: AMD Threadripper vs Intel Core i9, Radeon Vega is here(ish)
- Microsoft shows the power of its Pen with a new Whiteboard app and other upgrades
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Huawei P10 smartphone review
- Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- CCIT Security Risk AnalystVIC
- FTDatabase Engineer (Oracle)ACT
- CCManaging Architect - Satellite - TelcoVIC
- FT.Net DeveloperNSW
- FTICT SpecialistNSW
- FTCustomer Service OperatorVIC
- FT.NET DeveloperNSW
- FTSnr Technical Salesforce Consultant Global IT Managed Services - SydneyNSW
- FTSystem Engineer - VMWare, UCS, NetAppVIC
- FTEnterprise Architect - Network and TelecommunicationsNSW
- FTProject Manager - Data MigrationNSW
- CCJunior Security System AnalystQLD
- CC.Net DeveloperNSW
- FTDevOps EngineerNSW
- CCWintel Server EngineerNSW
- CCDeployment Manager - TelcoVIC
- CCIDAM ArchitectVIC
- CCReporting System Specialist - Port MacquarieNSW
- CCTechnical WriterVIC
- FTSharepoint AdministratorQLD
- FTJava Network DeveloperVIC
- FTJunior-Mid Level Implementation CoordinatorQLD
- CCDevOps Engineer with strong Docker skills - Contract - North Shore SydneyNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW