A little bit of chutzpah has gone a long way for one musician. Concert goers at last weekend's Homebake music festival in Sydney were the latest to find out why, as they heard the sounds of award winning producer and vocal artist, Gotye.
Cisco is expanding the reach of its TelePresence technology by demonstrating how carriers can support secure business-to-business conferences and separately by showing Cisco support for lower quality, traditional videoconferencing gear in its high-de...
Researchers at Google and the Georgia Institute of Technology are studying a virtually undetectable form of attack that quietly controls where victims go on the Internet.
A data center in central London, reportedly belonging to Verizon Business, has been robbed by thieves dressed as policemen.
Two people have been sentenced for their participation in a massive phishing operation busted up by Italian authorities in July.
Philippe Starck, the French designer who champions simplicity over form, has proclaimed Amazon's Kindle e-book reader "almost modern" but "a bit sad."
Sales of Asustek Computer's Eee PC have soared in its first few months on the market, but success may be its undoing. Rivals are already developing products to compete with the low-cost laptop PC, market researcher Gartner says.
In a year that has seen bullying in blogs, pedophiles on MySpace and an ongoing privacy backlash against Facebook, it was appropriate that this year's Le Web 3 conference started Tuesday with a panel discussion about the "dark side" of Web 2.0.
Using a Cisco TelePresence videoconferencing system to communicate live with IT leaders in other cities, CEO John Chambers kicked off Cisco's annual analyst conference this week.
Dell on Tuesday made its first foray into the tablet PC market, unveiling the 3.5-pound, 12.1 inch Latitude XT.
Mozilla said developers have handed off the second beta of Firefox 3.0 to internal testing, and will ship the next preview of the open-source browser before the end of the year.
Microsoft has released its monthly set of security patches, fixing critical flaws in the Windows desktop.
The NSW Department of State and Regional Development (DSRD) has announced the launch of Embedded Systems Australia (ESA), a joint venture aimed at fostering the development of local embedded computer systems for local and export markets.
Symantec's holiday spam listing is seeing an increase in threats which capitalise on the concept of a trusted source or Web site.
Samsung Electronics has launched a micro educational Web site as part of an effort to jump-start the stagnant solid-state drive business.
Singing praises about a device that literally ‘sings’ – find out what this is all about.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 2 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
- 4 Oppo A57 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Moto G5 Plus phone: full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Huawei Watch 2 Classic Review: Good watch but a missed opportunity for Wear 2.0
- Far Cry 5's first trailer reveals religious cults and explosions in picturesque Montana
- Amazon is offering two free months of Music Unlimited to new subscribers
- This week in games: Red Dead Redemption 2 is delayed, Destiny 2 PC servers explained
- Any website can crash your Windows 7 or 8 PC with these four characters
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Asus ROG Strix Z270F Gaming motherboard review
- The simple RAM buying guide
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- TPSupport AnalystVIC
- FTSenior Procurement Specialist | 3mth ContractVIC
- CCSQL Analyst DeveloperNSW
- TPReporting DeveloperWA
- FTDevOps Engineer | $90 p/hrVIC
- CCSAP Deployment ConsultantNSW
- FTeCommerce Solution ArchitectNSW
- CCNetwork Security Engineer - Finance - Contract - SydneyNSW
- FTData Analyst - 12 months Fixed Term ContractVIC
- CCTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- FTsolution ArchitectNSW
- FTSenior Digital Developer - SitecoreQLD
- CCImplementation Manager/PlannerNSW
- FTTest Analyst (Datawarehouse)SA
- FTProject Manager HFC Capacity ManagementVIC
- FTSenior Unix/Linux EngineerNSW
- FTApplication Support Lead l Experience with health applicationsNSW
- FTHCM Project Manager & Service Implementation Manager - SAP HRNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - Banking/FinanceNSW
- TPAssistant Change Manager | System Implementation ProjectQLD
- FTIT Systems EngineerQLD
- FTNetwork Solution Architect -Telecommunications InfrastructureNSW
- FTWeb Developer - 2 PositionsQLD
- CCTechnical WriterVIC