Supercomputers may soon be the same size as a laptop if IBM brings to market research detailed on Thursday, in which pulses of light replace electricity to make data transfer between processor cores on a chip up to one-hundred times faster.
Toyota unveiled on Thursday the latest two creations from its robot project, including one that can play the violin, and said it is targeting the early 2010s for the development of a viable human-assistance robot.
SourceForge's open-source, project-hosting Web site now has an eBay-like marketplace, where users can offer support services for sale.
IBM has filed a trade complaint in the US against Taiwanese hardware vendor Asustek Computer, alleging that the company has infringed IBM patents.
Cisco is advising Windows users of its Cisco Security Agent software to upgrade the product because of a security bug.
Despite highly publicized data breaches, mobile workers still endanger company data with risky behaviors, according to a new survey.
Microsoft Wednesday made available the final beta of Windows Server 2008 and said it is on track for shipment at a planned launch event at the end of February. Microsoft made Windows Server RC1 available for download as a 30-day free trial or for eva...
Storage vendor Seagate Technology said Thursday it plans to buy MetaLINCS, an e-discovery software firm. The vendor's move follows Iron Mountain's purchase earlier this year of Stratify, which is also focused on e-discovery.
ClearApp is upgrading its application service management product, QuickVision, delivering metrics and measurement to Oracle SOA Suite users.
IT spending will grow more slowly in 2008 than this year, with economic uncertainties taking a toll in the US in particular, market researcher IDC predicts.
Microsoft will issue seven security updates next Tuesday, including critical sets of patches for Windows and Internet Explorer.
Microsoft on Wednesday released new test versions of Windows Server 2008 and Windows Vista Service Pack, two highly anticipated technologies that are scheduled to be released early next year.
Britain's domestic intelligence agency is warning that cybercrime perpetrated by China is on the rise following hacking attacks against Rolls-Royce and Royal Dutch Shell.
When the Estonian government was hit with major, sustained denial-of-service attacks this spring, the headlines screamed that it was the first incident of modern cyber warfare.
Microsoft will release the first service pack for Office 2007 next week, the company confirmed Wednesday.
Work / Life balance, Windows 10 allows you to get the best of both worlds.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 2 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
- 4 Oppo A57 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Moto G5 Plus phone: full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Power surge at British Airways data center causes flight chaos
- Asus' affordable but powerful VivoBook Pro 15 to offer Optane Memory
- Asus unveils the super slim ZenBook Flip S convertible
- Huawei Watch 2 Classic Review: Good watch but a missed opportunity for Wear 2.0
- Far Cry 5's first trailer reveals religious cults and explosions in picturesque Montana
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Asus launches laptops to start Computex 2017
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- FTHealthcare Integration Support/ Junior DBA - Brisbane BasedQLD
- FTSolution Architect l MS Exchange, O365NSW
- FTProject Manager or Coordinator - Retail Store ProjectsNSW
- FTAccount Manager - Technology SolutionsNSW
- CCNetwork EngineerNSW
- FTNV1 Cleared Software Configuration Engineer - Defence Projects - North Ryde areaNSW
- FTClient Onboarding ManagerNSW
- TPInfrastructure Project ManagerQLD
- FTDigital Marketing Manager | Initial 6 Month ContractNSW
- CCIT Security Risk AnalystVIC
- CCSplunk Software DeveloperVIC
- CCChange & Communications AnalystQLD
- FTCyber Security Technical WriterNSW
- FTHCM Project Manager & Service Implementation Manager - SAP HRNSW
- TPICT Customer Support OfficerNSW
- CCDevOps EngineerVIC
- FTLooking for Lead Solution ArchitectACT
- TPICT Customer Support Officer - ForsterNSW
- CCGoogle Chromebook AdministratorNSW
- CCSQL Analyst DeveloperNSW
- FTBI BA Consultant l Microstrategy, Business ObjectsNSW
- CCTesting Manager - Energy sectorVIC
- FTProject ManagerNSW
- FTIntegration EngineerACT