Microsoft released on Wednesday a technology preview of its Volta Web developer toolset, which is intended to make it easier to build multi-tier Web applications, including applications useful in SaaS environments.
Facebook could have avoided the strident, weeks-long controversy engulfing its Beacon ad system if, when designing and deploying it, the social-networking company had followed basic social etiquette principles, such as being considerate and candid.
Many big-brand security products fail to spot commonly-circulating malware, testing outfit has Virus Bulletin found in its latest tests.
Sun Microsystems next month plans to release the first commercial product in its xVM line of virtualisation software: a server management console called xVM Ops Centre.
The Research School of Information Sciences and Engineering at the Australian National University is working on an project called "Where's the Weet-Bix?" to help people efficiently locate items in a supermarket by means of visual image retrieval.
Users of Internet Explorer 7 (IE7) turned a blog post by a Microsoft program manager into a complaint free-for-all that took the company to task for not following through on browser upgrade promises and alienating Web developers.
The U.S. Department of Justice says a US$222,000 damage award in a music copyright infringement case won recently by the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA) is constitutional.
A key 2008 U.S. presidential candidate, Ron Paul, is not a botmaster.
Microsoft cuts off Big Man after he starts talking about sex acts, using foul language
Sun Microsystems on Wednesday will release details of a new award program meant to spur growth and activity within the company's open-source efforts, according to a post by Sun's open-source officer, Simon Phipps, on his corporate blog.
In his 1997 book Growing Up Digital: The Rise of the Net Generation, author Don Tapscott predicted that the children of baby boomers would make up an enormously influential group as the first generation to grow up surrounded by high-tech tools and to...
Finnish security vendor F-Secure has collected twice as many malicious software samples this year than it has over the last 20 years, a trend that highlights the growing danger of malicious software on the Internet.
A US branch of Toshiba was having trouble finishing off backup data runs over its fully meshed T-3 network because of latency over long distances, but solved the problem using WAN acceleration gear.
Nokia will launch a new service next year that allows people who buy certain Nokia phones to download music for free for a year after they purchase the device.
Adobe Systems Inc. Monday announced a new, more video-friendly version of Flash Media Server that also introduces a less expensive single-server edition.
Get into your productive zone with the right business tool
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 2 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
- 4 Oppo A57 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Moto G5 Plus phone: full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- How Thunderbolt 3 won the port wars
- Samsung Galaxy Gear 360: Great for the Galaxy S8, not so much for the iPhone
- Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- Gigabyte Aero 15 corporate gaming laptop review
- MSI GE62 7RD Apache gaming laptop review
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- MSI GE62 7RD Apache gaming laptop review
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Oppo A57 phone: full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- FTRecord Management Support OfficerACT
- CCC++ DeveloperNSW
- CCICT Security Systems AdministratorNSW
- CCState-wide Business Transition Lead - BrisbaneVIC
- CCJava / J2EE DeveloperVIC
- FTSenior Business AnalystACT
- FTInfrastructure EngineerACT
- CCData AnalystNSW
- FTDeputy Chief Engineer - Defence Systems - IT Services - Nowra BasedNSW
- FTMobile Apps TesterWA
- FTApplication Support EngineerACT
- FTEnterprise Architect - Solutions and ApplicationsQLD
- TPICT Customer Support OfficerNSW
- FTDeployment Analyst / Customer Service - Minchinbury NSWNSW
- CCData ArchitectWA
- FTSenior Procurement Specialist -| 3mth ContracVIC
- FTiOS DeveloperWA
- TPBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCProject ManagerQLD
- CCBusiness Process AnalystNSW
- TPSenior Project ManagerVIC
- CCImplementation Manager/PlannerQLD
- TPSQL Server DeveloperNSW