Wi-Fi switch maker Xirrus is doing a good turn to Microsoft Vista users - a tool that monitors the status and security of Wi-Fi connections.
After a year of financial and market struggles, Advanced Micro Devices has fallen off iSuppli's latest listing of the world's top 10 chip manufacturers.
More than 50 million users of online communities operated by media companies like Gannett, Reuters Group, The Washington Post and others will soon be able to link their contributions to those sites to their profiles on social networking sites like Fa...
HP, Dell and Sun made significant gains in the worldwide server market at IBM's expense in the third quarter, Gartner said in a report issued this week.
Microsoft Office 2008 for Mac will let users port PowerPoint presentations to iPhones and video-equipped iPods, Microsoft said yesterday as it unveiled the latest details of the suite scheduled to ship in January.
Micron Technology plunged headfirst into the nascent solid state drive marketplace this week with the unveiling of its RealSSD family of storage devices.
MIT is offering a US$200,000 prize to the entrepreneur who develops the most innovative alternative energy technology.
IBM is suing Shentech for selling laptop batteries that catch fire and sport allegedly fake IBM logos.
A serious bug in IBM's Lotus Notes software could be used by attackers to run unauthorized software on a victim's PC, researchers at Core Security Technologies reported Tuesday.
A large-scale, coordinated campaign to steer users toward malware- spewing Web sites from Google and other Internet search engines is under way, security researchers said Tuesday.
Dell is the first PC vendor out of the gate to ship workstations with Intel's brand new 45-nanometer Penryn microprocessors.
Windows and Linux operating systems are getting an ever-growing share of data center environments, as inexpensive x86 servers take over jobs once the domain of Unix operating systems, said Gartner.
Intel upgraded its software development tools on Wednesday to help Mac OS X Leopard applications perform better on Intel's Penryn processors, suggesting the power-efficient chips may be offered soon in Apple Macs.
A Massachusetts company has sued the One Laptop Per Child (OLPC) Association for patent infringement, charging the project with stealing its designs for a multilingual keyboard.
Police in Cheongwon, South Korea, say a worker died Wednesday possibly because a mobile phone battery exploded in his pocket, according to a report from the Associated Press.
Get into your productive zone with the right business tool
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 2 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
- 4 Oppo A57 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Moto G5 Plus phone: full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Huawei Watch 2 Classic Review: Good watch but a missed opportunity for Wear 2.0
- Far Cry 5's first trailer reveals religious cults and explosions in picturesque Montana
- Amazon is offering two free months of Music Unlimited to new subscribers
- This week in games: Red Dead Redemption 2 is delayed, Destiny 2 PC servers explained
- Any website can crash your Windows 7 or 8 PC with these four characters
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Asus ROG Strix Z270F Gaming motherboard review
- The simple RAM buying guide
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- CCProcess Improvement Specialist - TelcoVIC
- TPBusiness AnalystACT
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCPega DeveloperSA
- CCOracle CCB DesignerVIC
- CCEnd to End Project ManagerVIC
- FTLead Senior Systems Engineer | 90 - 120K + Super|VIC
- CCFront End DeveloperNSW
- FTLevel 2 Desktop Support - Microsoft Office 365 experienceNSW
- FTSenior Front End Developer - BRISBANENSW
- CCSalesforce ArchitectVIC
- FTUrgent -Java Developer (Programmer). 3 different positionsVIC
- FTNetwork Solution Architect -Telecommunications InfrastructureNSW
- TPUAT CoordinatorQLD
- FTSenior Business Analyst l GROUP LIFE INSURANCE l SydneyVIC
- FTDesktop Support OfficerSA
- FTData ScientistACT
- TPETL DeveloperNSW
- CCSolution DesignerNSW
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD
- TPProject Manager - SOE / Office 365VIC
- CCInfrastructure Business AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Digital Developer - SitecoreQLD