E-mails released by the National Audit Office have confirmed that officials at HM Revenue and Customs did not want to remove sensitive information from child benefit data sent to the auditors because this would cost extra.
Criminal charges for data security breaches like that at HM Revenue and Customs could be brought against both organizations and individuals, if new laws proposed by the data protection watchdog are introduced.
Developers of the Python programming language are working concurrently on two upgrades to the core platform, both to arrive in 2008, representatives of Python said Wednesday.
The French government has a plan for cutting music and film piracy on the Internet: cut off the pirates' Internet access.
Telstra has announced it will offer its 1.5 million Next G customers the chance to watch the latest federal election and Australian Idol final results on their mobile phones this weekend.
Microsoft this week said sales of Vista have hit 88 million and the company highlighted a number of customer migrations it says signify that users are gearing up to switch to the year-old OS despite recent surveys that say many are taking a cautious ...
Western Digital has announced new hard drives using up to 40 percent less power than competing drives.
Lawyers, doctors and engineers are professionals. Now, with public confidence in IT ebbing as data thefts dominate headlines, its time for security workers to debate becoming a self-managing group.
Ever wish you had a personal assistant? Someone who could recommend a good restaurant when you're traveling to a new city? Someone who could give you a list of shops where you might find that perfect gift?
Is the software we're using to protect ourselves from online attacks becoming a liability?
Samsung Electronics plans to invest 2 trillion Korean won (US$2.2 billion) in a new LCD production line at a factory it originally opened with Sony -- but Sony will not be investing in the new line, Samsung said.
Benchmark wars are back in the virtualisation world as VMware rebutted Oracle's claim that its newly-released virtualisation hypervisor is three times faster than VMware's.
Apple on Wednesday agreed to settle a patent dispute with Burst.com, ending two years of litigation.
Google increased its share of the US Internet search engine market in October, taking share away from rivals Yahoo and Microsoft, according to market researcher ComScore.
Hotmail co-founder, Sabeer Bhatia, is placing his bets on an online office productivity suite that is positioned to compete with similar offerings from Microsoft and Google.
A workhorse that will run the extra mile to increase efficiency in the workspace
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 2 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
- 4 Oppo A57 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Moto G5 Plus phone: full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- HTC Vive Deluxe Audio Strap review: The Vive finally feel complete
- Intel's modular Compute Card puts a PC in your pocket
- AMD's 'TR4' Threadripper CPU socket is gigantic
- HTC's Vive VR headset will use WiGig to ditch its cumbersome cables
- Dell’s Inspiron 27 7000 is the first Ryzen All-in-One PC, and it's upgradable too
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Asus launches laptops to start Computex 2017
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- CCIT Systems Administrator-Bathurst or Port MacquarieNSW
- FTSenior Security Engineer x 3NSW
- TPSenior Consultant - ServiceNowNSW
- FTDigital ProducerOther
- FTSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCNetwork Security Engineer - Finance - Contract - SydneyNSW
- FTProgram SchedulerVIC
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Learning & Teaching environmentVIC
- CCDevOps Consultant - 12 month contractVIC
- FTSenior C# Analyst Programmer, Product & MarketsOther
- FTSolution Architect l MS Exchange, O365NSW
- TPInformation Management SpecialistVIC
- FTJunior - Mid Level Technical Customer SupportQLD
- FTPMO LeadOther
- CCCloud Engineer - Multiple roles - AWS/AzureVIC
- FTSenior Support EngineerOther
- TPIT Business AnalystNSW
- FTData Migration ConsultantOther
- FTSenior Master Data OfficerOther
- FTBusiness AnalystOther
- CCBusiness Change ManagerNSW
- FTEnterprise Architect - Technology and StrategyQLD
- CCTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- CCProject ManagerNSW