The schools secretary, Ed Balls, has ordered an independent assessment of security for the ContactPoint database that is set to hold the details of every child from birth.
Security researchers warn that attack code targeting an unpatched bug in Apple's QuickTime has gone public, and added that in-the-wild attacks against systems running Windows XP and Vista are probably not far behind.
Apple reintroduced a critical vulnerability in Leopard, the newest version of Mac OS X, that it had patched more than 20 months ago in Tiger, security experts said this week.
A new software development collaborative service for Ubuntu Linux is being launched Monday to give developers a consolidated arena to build code for Ubuntu on the desktop, server and for mobile applications.
The Web was originally designed for housing public content, but the fact that it's now used to build applications housing private data make it a ripe platform for malicious attacks, according to one speaker at the SecTor 2007 conference in Toronto th...
The GNOME Foundation, recently slammed by critics who accused it of supporting Microsoft's Open Office XML document format (OOXML), has issued a statement to clarify its position on the matter.
A team led by Indiana University won this year's Supercomputing Bandwidth Challenge by achieving a peak transfer rate of over 18Gbps out of a possible maximum of 20Gbps.
A US federal court ruling has cleared the way for wireless chip maker Broadcom to pursue an injunction against rival Qualcomm after a long-running patent dispute.
The blade server teams at HP and IBM are fighting it out over I/O virtualization. IBM unveiled an I/O virtualization tool called Open Fabric Manager Monday, claiming it one-ups HP's Virtual Connect because IBM uses open technology that's compatible w...
Young people are compromising their career prospects and opening the door to online fraud by posting personal information on social networking sites without thinking about the consequences, a U.K. privacy watchdog warned Friday.
RIM, once the maker of the most corporate-looking handhelds, is rumored to be working on a touch-screen phone that will compete with the iPhone and - for the first time on a BlackBerry - have no hard keyboard.
French startup Seanodes has a product to combine storage on many Linux servers into a single shared pool of storage, making networked storage unnecessary.
Taiwan has developed a powerful ultramobile PC that can fit in your hand, complete with a speedy 1GHz microprocessor on board.
Major Hollywood studios fighting pirates over "Pirates of the Caribbean 2: Dead Man's Chest" and other films illegally made available for download could soon have their day in court.
Microsoft's next version of its instant messenger application will have a new security feature to report users who send unsolicited messages, known as SPIM (spam over IM).
HP’s OfficeJet range of printers can help your business improve quality and efficiency while cutting prices!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 HTC U11 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Gigabyte Aero 15 corporate gaming laptop review
- 3 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 4 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
Join the PC World newsletter!
- The 10 best Android apps for Chromebooks
- This week in games: Homeworld's lost expansion returns, 15 minutes of Beyond Good & Evil 2
- The Steam Link is currently on sale for $15
- It's time to upgrade to TLS 1.3 already, says CDN engineer
- Kogan Agora 8 phone: Full, in-depth review
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- MSI GL62M 7RDX gaming laptop review
- Alcatel A3 XL phone: Full, in-depth review
- Sony X9300E 2017 TV: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTPractice Director Project Management – Adelaide Delivery CentreSA
- FTEPAS Technical Support OfficerOther
- FTBusiness Development ManagerOther
- TPTest ManagerVIC
- FTSenior React DeveloperNSW
- FTTechnical Lead Front-endNSW
- FTSenior .NET DevelopersOther
- FTLead Android DeveloperOther
- CCAPI Platform EngineerNSW
- FTHelpdesk AnalystOther
- FTSoftware Engineer - Content Design NetworkOther
- FTSenior Data ModellerOther
- FTPeopleSoft Campus Solution ConsultantOther
- FTApplication Support EngineerACT
- TPDigital ArchitectNSW
- CCMultiple Front End Developers | React.js | Angular.js | Node.js | Knockout |QLD
- FTResource AnalystOther
- FTService Delivery Manager - Telephone & Broadband InstallationsOther
- FTProject Manager - Microsoft Dynamics AXQLD
- FTBusiness AnalystSA
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- TPBI DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Business AnalystSA
- FTIT Systems EngineerOther
- FTOperations and Infrastructure Manager -NationalOther