Monta Vista, the mobile and embedded Linux company, unveiled version 5.0 of its carrier-grade embedded Linux kernel this week.
Some MacBook Pro users who upgraded to the Leopard operating system are reporting that their notebooks' keyboards and trackpads have gone on the fritz, according to Apple support forums. The only apparent solution: Reboot the machine.
ZoneAlarm is offering a free download of its anti spyware package as part of Microsoft's Patch Tuesday.
For the second time in less than three weeks, Microsoft has had to apologize for blunders made by the application that enterprise administrators rely on to deploy the software vendor's security patches and other updates.
Some of Asia's biggest cellular carriers are banding together to offer a flat-rate data roaming service, hoping to increase the use of cellular data services by business people travelling in Asia.
Bocada, Arsenal Digital Solutions and Digisense separately announced upgraded software and services designed to help enterprises better manage and protect their data.
IBM released the second beta of its Symphony rival suite to Microsoft Office this week, claiming that 88 percent of its users are Microsoft customers.
Online book seller and retail chain Dymocks has taken a leap into electronic publishing with the launch of Dymocks Digital, allowing customers to purchase audible and digital forms of the traditional paper book.
Apple has pushed out its iPhone 1.1.2 firmware update to users of its popular mobile phone, fixing a widely publicized bug in the iPhone's browser.
Microsoft and the GSM Association are promoting 3G (third generation) mobile telecommunications by asking companies to build laptop PCs that automatically connect to the Internet wirelessly over mobile phone networks.
A Microsoft spinoff plans to release an open beta of a new mobile browsing user interface in mid-December.
Microsoft is on track to begin testing a console by the end of the year that will give customers a single tool for managing all of its Forefront enterprise security products.
Microsoft is improving its popular Application Virtualization program while also bundling it with beta versions of other new software management tools.
Microsoft wants to create a plug-in that will simplify the process of exporting Word documents to applications that make texts accessible for the visually impaired.
British open-source advocates will be boosted by the news that German support vendor Credativ is expanding its open-source center (OSSC) to support all distributions of Linux in the UK.
Singing praises about a device that literally ‘sings’ – find out what this is all about.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 2 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
- 4 Oppo A57 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Moto G5 Plus phone: full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Huawei Watch 2 Classic Review: Good watch but a missed opportunity for Wear 2.0
- Far Cry 5's first trailer reveals religious cults and explosions in picturesque Montana
- Amazon is offering two free months of Music Unlimited to new subscribers
- This week in games: Red Dead Redemption 2 is delayed, Destiny 2 PC servers explained
- Any website can crash your Windows 7 or 8 PC with these four characters
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Asus ROG Strix Z270F Gaming motherboard review
- The simple RAM buying guide
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- FTSolution ArchitectWA
- CCData ArchitectACT
- CCProgram ManagerVIC
- FTSolution Architect - NetworksNSW
- CCGIS Consultant/ Developer - BRISBANEVIC
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- FTDevOps Engineer | $90 p/hrVIC
- FTCustomer Account Officers x3NSW
- FTSoftware TesterACT
- TPTechnical Business AnalystQLD
- CCImplementation Manager/PlannerACT
- CCInfrastructure Business AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Network EngineerNSW
- FTSolution ArchitectNSW
- FTIteration ManagerQLD
- FTSenior .Net DeveloperNSW
- FTIT Support / Desktop SupportSA
- FTSoftware DeveloperQLD
- FTDatabase Engineer (Oracle)ACT
- FTHealthcare Integration Support/ Junior DBA - Brisbane BasedQLD
- FTSecurity ConsultantQLD
- CCData AnalystNSW
- TPProject Manager - SOE / Office 365VIC