Microsoft is delaying by six months its annual conference for hardware engineers, where it reveals its upcoming software plans to PC makers and other system builders.
IT contractors value the lifestyle benefits that freelance work offers above the financial rewards, new research has found.
A major upgrade to Gmail is getting the thumbs down from users who complain that the new version is extremely slow, often fails to load pages and even crashes their browsers.
Google could be heading for a showdown with Sun over the way Android, Google's new mobile phone software platform, handles Java.
Singapore banned the release of Mass Effect on Xbox 360 because it contains "lesbian intimacy" between a woman and female alien, state officials said on Thursday.
Google is making the necessary preparations to bid for wireless spectrum in an auction be held in the US in January -- but it will likely need a carrier partner to help build a network to use it, analysts said Friday.
Melbourne will be the hub of gaming this weekend as the eGames and Entertainment expo kicks off.
Startup Nantero has built a carbon nanotube-based memory wafer using standard semiconductor fabrication processes. This removes a significant hurdle in commercializing the seemingly exotic NRAM (non-volatile RAM) that could replace DRAM, SRAM and fla...
After conceding a month to Xbox 360 in September, Nintendo's plucky Wii regains the top spot as the most widely purchased console in America.
Many analysts consider Web application vulnerabilities to be among the biggest security threats facing companies these days. A lot of attention has been paid to understanding risks such as input-validation flaws, cross-site scripting errors and other...
In its "Top Ten Security Predictions for 2008," McAfee foresees the growth of virtualization opening up a huge attack surface. On the good-news side, the security vendor expects there will be less adware on the Internet to worry about. McAfee's list ...
You're in for a nasty surprise if you think mobile broadband devices will be free of the security problems that long have plagued PCs, said a panel of security experts at this week's Mobile Internet World conference.
A lawsuit filed this week in a California Superior Court alleges that Comcast intentionally interferes with Internet file sharing and blocks or slows some applications to a "mere crawl."
In a strange case of how something simple can result in a big IT contract change, a local enterprise has switched from Telstra to Optus because of the Big T's refusal to support caller ID for international originating calls, in addition to cost.
Open source enterprise content management company Alfresco has integrated its application with the social networking site to enable its users to communicate more effectively with customers and partners. Alfresco claimed that it was the first Facebook...
A new tide of demand for high-performance computer equipment is sweeping the world, as eSports becomes a major form of entertainment and spectator activity. With that, the technology supporting eSports is maturing rapidly.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 HTC U11 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Gigabyte Aero 15 corporate gaming laptop review
- 3 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 4 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
Join the PC World newsletter!
- Alienware 13 full, in-depth review
- The critical importance of STEAM education
- Radeon Vega Frontier Edition: Benchmarks and behind-the-scenes AMD interview
- Hands-on: AMD's Radeon Vega Frontier Edition vs Nvidia Titan Xp
- The 10 best Android apps for Chromebooks
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- MSI GL62M 7RDX gaming laptop review
- Alcatel A3 XL phone: Full, in-depth review
- Sony X9300E 2017 TV: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSenior Contracts Administrator- Construction BackgroundOther
- FTFull Stack .Net DeveloperWA
- FTWeb DeveloperOther
- CCTechnical Support - L2 with NV1 OR NV2 clearance (current / inactive).VIC
- FTFull Stack Software DeveloperOther
- FTPractice Director Design – Adelaide Delivery CentreSA
- FTAndroid Developer - PermanentWA
- FTSolution Architect - DatacentreVIC
- FTNetwork EngineerSA
- FTSolution Architect l MS Exchange, O365NSW
- FTSenior .Net Full Stack DeveloperOther
- FTICT Procurement and Contracting SpecialistOther
- FTSEO ExecutiveOther
- FTJunior Java developerACT
- FTJava DeveloperWA
- FTBusiness AnalystSA
- CCSenior/Lead Network Security Engineer - Financial Services - Contract - SydneyNSW
- CCSenior Teradata Developer/Analyst ProgrammerNSW
- FTSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Network ArchitectVIC
- FTAnalyst Programmer (Classic ASP / VB)Other
- FTSenior Big Data Engineer | Media DataOther
- FTSenior Business AnalystSA
- FTSupport AnalystOther
- FTERP Business AnalystOther