Hoping to seed grassroots interest, Gigaspaces is making its enterprise-targeted eXtreme Application Platform middleware available for free to startup firms.
Just hours after it launched final versions of almost all of its Windows Live-branded services and software, Microsoft also debuted a beta of Windows Live Calendar, its iCal-compliant, next-generation online scheduler.
Ever wish you could drive around the city but not worry about parking?
A new spam campaign has emerged that tells stories of the hard-knock life, and then asks for money.
Security administrators should have a pretty easy time of it next Tuesday as Microsoft says it will issue just two updates in its monthly security software release.
IBM, Microsoft and SAP are taking a charge at the business Web 2.0 market, but the big vendors still lag behind smaller rivals who have developed far more innovative technology with quicker release cycles, according to a Forrester analyst.
With exploit code in circulation and no patch available for a buffer-overflow bug, Oracle's flagship database software is open to attack, security researchers said today.
As companies move to restrict Web surfing at work, more of them are blocking access to MySpace than to Facebook, according to a survey released Wednesday by Web security company Barracuda Networks Inc.
In addition to the question of what corporate policy now-former Microsoft CIO Stuart Scott violated to lead to his termination by the company on Monday, many other unknowns remain.
Intel on Tuesday introduced the Intel Entry Storage System SS4200x, its new channel-distributed storage product built for small-to-midsize businesses and home offices.
Red Hat is updating its Linux-based server operating system and offering a number of other related improvements aimed at helping the company assume a leadership role in enterprise computing. The enhancements include support for software appliances, i...
Flawed antipiracy software now being exploited by attackers has been bundled with Windows for the last six years to protect game publishers, Macrovision said Wednesday.
A man charged with stealing information over file-sharing networks in order to commit identity theft pleaded guilty on Tuesday in federal court in Seattle to mail fraud and to accessing a protected computer without authorization to further fraud.
The Australian Computer Society held a discussion forum in Sydney today to determine ways the industry can work to end the lack of ICT skills in an economy gasping for more tech talent.
Competition from flash memory and increased shipment of PCs and consumer electronics are driving down prices and fueling demand for hard disk drives, according to a survey released by iSuppli this week.
A workhorse that will run the extra mile to increase efficiency in the workspace
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 2 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
- 4 Oppo A57 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Moto G5 Plus phone: full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Power surge at British Airways data center causes flight chaos
- Asus' affordable but powerful VivoBook Pro 15 to offer Optane Memory
- Asus unveils the super slim ZenBook Flip S convertible
- Huawei Watch 2 Classic Review: Good watch but a missed opportunity for Wear 2.0
- Far Cry 5's first trailer reveals religious cults and explosions in picturesque Montana
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Asus launches laptops to start Computex 2017
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- CCSenior Digital BANSW
- CCInfrastructure Project ManagerNSW
- FTEnterprise Architect - Technology and StrategyQLD
- FTTechnical Consultant - SharePoint developerQLD
- CCXML DeveloperVIC
- CCWintel Server EngineerNSW
- FTSQL DBA SpecialistVIC
- FTSenior System EngineerNSW
- FTSales Lead / Sales Executive - Enterprise IT Healthcare Perm - North RydeNSW
- CCPega DeveloperNSW
- FTUAT CoordinatorQLD
- FTManual Test AnalystQLD
- FTLooking for Lead Solution ArchitectACT
- FTJunior - Mid Level Technical Customer SupportQLD
- CCData AnalystNSW
- FTSolution Architect - DatacentreVIC
- FTSenior Android DeveloperNSW
- FTState IT Systems EngineerTAS
- CCICT Security Systems AdministratorNSW
- TPProject Manager - ProcurementQLD
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- FTAppian DeveloperQLD
- CCSQL Server Database Specialist l Bathurst LocationNSW
- CCSenior Communications Advisor - Australian TelcoVIC