The fate of a Linux visionary who is charged with murder will be decided in a trial starting Tuesday in Oakland, California, while the fate of the file system he created remains left in the hands of an open-source community rapidly losing interest in...
Phones built with Google's Android operating system may suffer from a lack of interoperability, and enterprise IT executives will probably be wary about supporting multiple devices built with the much-hyped software platform, says Ken Dulaney, a Gart...
Microsoft Monday said Visual Studio 2008 would ship by the end of November, along with the .Net Framework 3.5.
ESET Australia has announced it is offering Australian owners of antivirus suites a free cross grade to its new Smart Security product.
Samsung Electronics is moving towards commercialization of solid-state disk drives (SSDs) that use the high-speed SATA II interface, the company said this week.
Motorola has started testing 3G (third-generation) femtocells in Europe, a technology that should help to improve indoor reception and reduce at-home calling costs for 3G users.
Aruba Networks is the last major wireless LAN vendor to launch 802.11n fast Wi-Fi wireless LAN products -- but it claims to have better power-over-Ethernet support and central switching than the competition.
Research In Motion has launched a new wireless communications and collaboration package specifically designed and priced for the SMB (small to medium business) market.
ClearContext has released a new version of its Outlook e-mail management tool with improvements that it claimed can save users an hour or more each day on e-mail.
Alert Logic has announced the Alert Logic Log Manager, a service for automating the collection, review, analysis and archiving of network and server resources through an appliance on the customer's premises that captures log data.
F5 Networks has fully integrated its Web application firewall with the operating system for its Big-IP Layer 4-7 switch, boosting the performance of the firewall.
Security software maker Trend Micro maintains that enterprises are already shopping for integrated packages of anti-malware and encryption tools for use in smartphones and other mobile devices.
Ubuntu Linux has been taking a kicking this week in the crazed, hedonistic world of online forums. It appears that using Ubuntu on a laptop could kill its hard drive.
Nokia last week launched the Nokia Music Store download service in the UK. Vodafone also unleashed its own music store - but it's banking on streaming rather than downloading to topple Apple's iTunes and iPhone.
While Google may be pitching its new mobile software platform as a way to unify the mobile market, even members of the new alliance think differently.
Get into your productive zone with the right business tool
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 2 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
- 4 Oppo A57 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Moto G5 Plus phone: full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Get real, Microsoft: If the Surface Pro is a laptop, bundle it with a Type Cover
- Asus ROG Strix Z270F Gaming motherboard review
- The top 3 Best DDR4 computer memory RAM kits in 2017 that you can buy right now
- Watch us play Vanquish on PC
- Microsoft's Beam becomes Mixer, adds four person split-screen streaming to battle Twitch
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Asus ROG Strix Z270F Gaming motherboard review
- The simple RAM buying guide
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- FTSoftware and Applications Programmer (Java Developer)ACT
- CCWintel Server EngineerNSW
- FTSenior .Net DeveloperNSW
- CCReporting Business AnalystACT
- CCFront End DeveloperNSW
- FTData Analyst - SASNSW
- TPProject Test ManagerQLD
- FTPeopleSoft Campus Solution ConsultantNSW
- FTSystems EngineerNSW
- TPSenior Project ManagerVIC
- FTSalesforce Marketing ConsultantNSW
- CCTesting Manager - Energy sectorVIC
- FTSecurity ConsultantVIC
- FTSolution Architect - NetworksWA
- FTService Desk Analyst Level 1 SupportQLD
- FTSales Lead - Healthcare systemsVIC
- TPDigital Business AnalystNSW
- FTJunior .Net DeveloperNSW
- CCSharepoint DeveloperNSW
- FTManager - Commercial ClientsACT
- FTSecurity ConsultantACT
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- FTFrontend DeveloperNSW
- CCData AnalystNSW