Software that listens to and analyzes music is driving a Sun open source project, which aims to build a music recommendation system that surpasses the systems used today by iTunes and Amazon.
ASUS has announced its low cost Eee PC will be available in Australia just in time for the silly season, with a recommended retail price of $499.
Security experts are saying that a reported al-Qaeda cyber jihad attack planned against Western institutions should be treated with skepticism.
An artificial intelligence researcher predicts that robotics will make such dramatic advances in the coming years that humans will be marrying robots by the year 2050.
JNBridge will bridge the Microsoft .Net and Java Message Service (JMS) worlds this week with the release of adapters linking the two platforms.
End users and IT managers don't see eye-to-eye when it comes to how well IT does its job, but recent survey results show that IT gives itself poorer grades than the users they serve do.
Dell completed an internal accounting investigation this week and restated its financial results from fiscal 2003 to the first quarter of 2007, bringing it into compliance with listing requirements specified by the Nasdaq stock exchange.
The security features introduced in Apple's Leopard operating system need work.
After rapid growth in the last few years the LCD (liquid crystal display) market will see more steady expansion now as panel-makers work harder to differentiate their products with new technical features, according to an executive at South Korea's LG...
Intel has gone to 'green' extremes to make its brand-new 45-nanometer chip manufacturing plant environmentally friendly.
The Taiwan government plans to work closely with the island's chip makers to move forward on advanced chip production using 18-inch round silicon wafers.
Dell CEO Michael Dell plans to announce a series of new products aimed at making life easier for IT managers.
Cisco Systems and Indian services company Wipro are collaborating to offer customers IT infrastructure services that combine Cisco's networking equipment with Wipro's infrastructure and managed services.
As the holiday shopping season approaches, Toshiba is turning up the heat on the Blu-ray Disc camp with the launch of an HD DVD recorder that can record high-definition video to regular DVDs.
Just in time for Halloween, Google's YouTube became available again in China, two weeks after it was blocked.
Work / Life balance, Windows 10 allows you to get the best of both worlds.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 2 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
- 4 Oppo A57 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Moto G5 Plus phone: full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Power surge at British Airways data center causes flight chaos
- Asus' affordable but powerful VivoBook Pro 15 to offer Optane Memory
- Asus unveils the super slim ZenBook Flip S convertible
- Huawei Watch 2 Classic Review: Good watch but a missed opportunity for Wear 2.0
- Far Cry 5's first trailer reveals religious cults and explosions in picturesque Montana
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Asus launches laptops to start Computex 2017
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- CCUX DeveloperQLD
- FTScrum Master - TechnicalNSW
- FTSolution Architect - SecurityVIC
- FTSecurity Dev Ops and Java DeveloperVIC
- FTProject Manager - Accountin Finance and AssetWA
- FTChange AnalystQLD
- FTBPM DeveloperNSW
- FTBusiness Intelligence DeveloperSA
- FTNetwork AdministratorQLD
- CCInfrastructure Project ManagerNSW
- TPSecurity AdvisorACT
- FTPeopleSoft Campus Solution ConsultantNSW
- CCSenior Procurement SpecialistVIC
- TPSharepoint DeveloperQLD
- TPICT Customer Support Officer - ForsterNSW
- TPArcGIS DeveloperVIC
- FTAccount Manager - Technology SolutionsNSW
- FTPeopleSoft Technical Campus Solution DeveloperNSW
- FTIT Systems EngineerQLD
- FTIT Systems EngineerTAS
- FTApplication Support EngineerACT
- CCTechnical Specialist - Cloud ServicesVIC
- FTBI BA Consultant l Microstrategy, Business ObjectsNSW
- FTProcurement OfficerACT