With the launching a new vector supercomputer, NEC executives said they are racing after industry leaders IBM and Cray to recapture a piece of their faded supercomputer glory.
A company called Dashwire this week unveiled free new software that essentially mirrors your mobile phone on the Web, backing up all your data -- contacts, text messages, calls, photos, videos and phone settings -- and letting you access everything o...
On the same day it tried to refute reports that enterprise customers' PCs were being force-fed the Windows XP desktop search tool, Microsoft did a turnabout and admitted it had messed up.
Despite underwhelming consumers and being snubbed by enterprises, Windows Vista's numbers keep growing, with Microsoft saying that it has now shipped 88 million copies of the operating system, almost double the number of copies of XP in the same amou...
Acer has passed Lenovo Group as the world's third largest PC vendor with its purchase of Gateway, and now it's gunning for giant Dell.
Google has launched a new IMAP (Internet Message Access Protocol) service for Gmail that will allow users to sync Gmail with their e-mail clients.
Embattled SCO Group is offering the bankruptcy court a deal it could be hard to refuse. The company has received an offer of US$36 million from JGD Management for its business and intellectual property. JGD Management, a current debtor of SCO, is an ...
Four people have been sentenced to jail time and tens of millions of dollars in fines for buying discounted Microsoft software and then illegally reselling it at a profit.
Leading search companies Google and Yahoo didn't appear to have a presence at the CTIA Wireless I.T. & Entertainment conference in San Francisco this week, but their startup competitors and smaller rival AOL were all angling for influence over mobile...
Imagine a passenger in your car that is never wrong with directions, keeps you in good spirits and will check your e-mail while you're driving. That vision of the future is being presented by Nissan Motor at the Tokyo Motor Show 2007, which opens to ...
Worldwide lawsuits against Intel and four straight quarterly losses have distracted AMD during its integration of ATI Technologies, but the merger remains on track, according to industry analysts.
SanDisk is suing 25 companies, including South Korean giant LG Electronics for allegedly infringing patents used in removable flash storage products including MP3 players and USB flash drives.
China will put its homegrown 3G (third-generation) mobile technology to use during the 2008 Olympic Games, the country's state-owned broadcaster said in a news report.
Opera Software ASA has released a beta of its upcoming desktop browser, code-named Kestrel, which can synchronize bookmarks between a PC and a mobile device.
The Austrian Police has become the latest European agency to express its intention to use specially-crafted Trojans to remotely monitor criminal suspects.
A workhorse that will run the extra mile to increase efficiency in the workspace
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 2 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
- 4 Oppo A57 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Moto G5 Plus phone: full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Huawei Watch 2 Classic Review: Good watch but a missed opportunity for Wear 2.0
- Far Cry 5's first trailer reveals religious cults and explosions in picturesque Montana
- Amazon is offering two free months of Music Unlimited to new subscribers
- This week in games: Red Dead Redemption 2 is delayed, Destiny 2 PC servers explained
- Any website can crash your Windows 7 or 8 PC with these four characters
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Asus ROG Strix Z270F Gaming motherboard review
- The simple RAM buying guide
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- FTSalesforce ConsultantQLD
- FTLead ArchitectVIC
- CCChange AnalystQLD
- TPInfrastructure Project ManagerQLD
- TPIT Business AnalystNSW
- FTProject Manager Performance & ControlsQLD
- FTProject CoordinatorVIC
- FTPrincipal Consultant / Account Delivery Executive.NSW
- FTImplementation ConsultantNSW
- FTApplication System EngineerACT
- FTClient Onboarding ManagerNSW
- CCImplementation Manager/PlannerNSW
- CCSenior Communications Advisor - Australian TelcoVIC
- FTCyber Security Technical WriterNSW
- CCWeb Designer - IT Graphics / UI DesignerQLD
- FTeCommerce Solution ArchitectNSW
- TPSolution Architect - LIS ProgramQLD
- FTEnterprise Security ArchitectQLD
- CCMaster SchedulerACT
- FTProject Manager or Coordinator - Retail Store ProjectsNSW
- FTIntegration EngineerACT
- FTSenior Business Analyst - GROUP LIFE INSURANCENSW
- FTApplication AnalystSA