Two years after its acquisition of enterprise software vendor Veritas, Symantec's consumer division remains the company's fastest-growing product line.
St. Bernard Software this week is announcing a hybrid solution for Web filtering that the company says combines the control of an appliance with the ease of use of a managed service.
Verizon Business unveiled a portable satellite enterprise service this week that it says can provide voice and data services to employees in remote locations "virtually anywhere in the United States and around the world."
Next year Citrix will launch desktop virtualization software that can help businesses save money by centralizing desktop images as well as improve security by centralizing applications and data.
Sprint-Nextel and Alcatel-Lucent plan to introduce this week a mobile data card that doubles as a laptop security mechanism.
Like rival lovers, Google and Microsoft are intensely courting Facebook, as the social-networking upstart picks petals off a flower -- "she loves me, she loves me not" -- and tries to decide which of the two will be allowed to buy a minority stake in...
Dustin Moskovitz took center stage at the CTIA conference in San Francisco and marveled at how Facebook, which he co-founded only four years ago, has grown to 49 million active online users.
The Electronic Discovery Reference Model standards group Tuesday unveiled an XML-based standard that it says will allow documents transfer through the systems of multiple vendors during the various stages of e-discovery.
Qualcomm has quietly announced a new embedded chip set named Gobi for laptops. The goal is to provide WAN wireless data connections globally without locking in users to a particular telecommunications carrier.
Mozilla will rush another version of Firefox to users as early as next week, the company's user interface designer said Tuesday, to fix five bugs it introduced in last Wednesday's security update.
A notorious Russian hacker gang is responsible for ongoing attacks using malicious PDF documents, a researcher said Wednesday.
Everybody's seen That Guy on an airplane: He's got an MP3 player for music, a BlackBerry for e-mail, and a slick multimedia laptop for creating spreadsheets or watching movies. And he might even also carry a mobile phone, unless the BlackBerry double...
A professor at the University of Massachusetts wasn't just goofing off when he started hooking up one Playstation 3 system after another.
Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer said Tuesday, in a swipe at rival Google, that his company does not have any plans to bid on wireless spectrum in January, because being a wireless carrier goes beyond its core competency.
Apple COO Tim Cook revealed this week that some 250,000, or about 18 percent, of all iPhones sold so far have been unlocked, so they can run on cell nets other than AT&T's.
A new tide of demand for high-performance computer equipment is sweeping the world, as eSports becomes a major form of entertainment and spectator activity. With that, the technology supporting eSports is maturing rapidly.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 2 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
- 4 Oppo A57 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Moto G5 Plus phone: full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- AMD's new AM4 motherboard software cures Ryzen's memory headaches
- Get real, Microsoft: If the Surface Pro is a laptop, bundle it with a Type Cover
- Asus ROG Strix Z270F Gaming motherboard review
- The top 3 Best DDR4 computer memory RAM kits in 2017 that you can buy right now
- Watch us play Vanquish on PC
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Asus ROG Strix Z270F Gaming motherboard review
- The simple RAM buying guide
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- TPInstructional DesignerVIC
- FTInformation Security ArchitectQLD
- CCBusiness Process AnalystNSW
- FTUAT CoordinatorQLD
- FTData ScientistACT
- FTManager, DevOpsQLD
- CCCCNP Network EngineerVIC
- CCSenior PMO AnalystNSW
- CCICT Security Systems AdministratorNSW
- FTService Delivery Manager - Telecommunications InfrastructureNSW
- FTSenior SharePoint Administrator. Location -ACTACT
- CCUnix AdministratorNSW
- FTAccounts and Office AdministratorNSW
- FTService Desk Analyst Level 2 SupportQLD
- FTProject Manager HFC Capacity ManagementVIC
- FTLooking for Lead Solution ArchitectACT
- CCSenior Test Analyst- HPQC applicationNSW
- CCSenior Systems EngineerQLD
- FTSolution Architect - NetworksQLD
- FTNetwork EngineerQLD
- FTInfrastructure EngineerACT
- FTFrontend DeveloperNSW
- CCJava Developer - IntergrationQLD