Microsoft won't be participating in the 700 MHz spectrum auction planned by the US Federal Communications Commission for January, CEO Steve Ballmer said this week.
Apple expects Leopard to bring in US$140 million between its launch this week and the end of the year, a company executive hinted. That number, however, is lower than analysts' estimates.
A malicious PDF document that exploits bugs in Adobe Systems' Reader and Acrobat software is on the loose, Symantec said, just hours after Adobe patched the programs.
Brocade Communication Systems announced that it is developing what it calls a Data Center Fabric architecture, a product strategy built around optimized server and storage virtualization, application services and policy-based automation that will mat...
Japanese DRAM (dynamic RAM) maker Elpida Memory and Taiwanese contract chip maker United Microelectronics (UMC) plan to work together to develop phase-change memory chip products, including PRAM (phase-change RAM), joining a growing chorus of chip ma...
Samsung Electronics Co. has developed a chip-manufacturing technique able to significantly increase the amount of music, pictures, videos and other data people can store in future iPods, iPhones and other devices.
Apparently it's not just unwary individuals that fall victim to online scammers. Even large corporations, it seems, can get suckered into parting with their money by devious phishers.
GeneTree, a new genealogy site set to launch on Tuesday, adds a new twist to online family history searches by allowing users to submit their own DNA and to collaborate with others using social networking tools.
Privacy may soon become a much bigger deal to the Web 2.0 world.
The Office of US Trade Representative (USTR) will seek to negotiate a voluntary anticounterfeiting trade agreement with several major trading partners, the office said Tuesday.
My SQL has laid out its software road map through 2009, including some code contributed by Google and security improvements that are due in MySQL 7.0.
The rumours were right: Cisco has signed a deal to buy WiMAX radio vendor, Navini Networks, for $US330 million.
A vendor based in Dubai pounced on the enterprise mobility market Tuesday evening with a set of Windows Mobile 6 phones that come with built-in security and management software and will be sold independent of carriers.
Mobile phones play an important role in Microsoft's software plus services vision, CEO Steve Ballmer said.
NSW Police has confirmed it will roll out a new state-wide system of Criminal Infringement Notices (CINs) with the aid of a biometric finger scanning device from 2009 in an effort to reduce paperwork and court attendances.
A new tide of demand for high-performance computer equipment is sweeping the world, as eSports becomes a major form of entertainment and spectator activity. With that, the technology supporting eSports is maturing rapidly.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 2 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
- 4 Oppo A57 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Moto G5 Plus phone: full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Anker's extremely popular ergonomic mouse is 70% off today
- Google explains why Android apps still aren't on Chromebooks
- HP's Envy 13 offers Surface Laptop features without the markup—or Windows 10 S
- HP's Spectre x2 may be the Surface Pro killer we've been waiting for
- Windows 10 S will not run Linux, even though it's a downloadable Windows app
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Huawei P10 smartphone review
- Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- Moto G5 smartphone: full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- FTNetwork AdministratorQLD
- TPSenior ConsultantNSW
- FTSolution Architect - Datacentre / StorageVIC
- TPSenior Web Developer/Consultant - ServiceNowNSW
- FTWintel EngineerACT
- CCProject ManagerQLD
- FT.net Developer (Front and Back end)QLD
- CCSolution Designer with PEGA experience- TelcoVIC
- FTPHP DeveloperWA
- FTSupport OfficerSA
- TPProject Test ManagerQLD
- CCSalesforce DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Systems AnalystSA
- CCBusiness Process AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Business Analyst, Wealth ProductsNSW
- FTPMO Quality OfficerNSW
- FTSystem Engineer - VMWare, UCS, NetAppVIC
- FTIT Security ConsultantNSW
- CCIT Security Risk AnalystVIC
- TPDigital Process Business Analyst - Digital Transformation**NSW
- CCSQL Analyst DeveloperNSW
- FTDevOps EngineerNSW
- CCSolution Designer with PEGA experience- TelcoVIC
- FTLAMP Stack DeveloperNSW