Apple confirmed Tuesday what rumor sites have been saying for days: Mac OS X 10.5 "Leopard" will hit store shelves at 6 p.m. on October 26. The Leopard Server OS will be released at the same time.
With femtocells gaining more attention as a potential money-saving technology, several companies are racing to claim space in the emerging femtocell market, said members of a recent panel hosted by MassNetComms.
A Dutch consumer protection association told PC buyers to avoid Windows Vista, Microsoft's newest operating system, after the U.S. company's Dutch arm said it would not provide all consumers with downgrades to the older XP.
Hitachi unveiled a new technology that it said can be used to cut the size of hard disk drive recording heads in half, which would dramatically boost storage capacity.
Nine months after its official launch, Australian developers have already extended the capabilities of the world's first non-proprietary Linux powered mobile phone.
Terminal emulation company Attachmate has launched a Vista version of its Reflection software, even though the company admits that take-up of the operating system has been low.
Hitachi Data Systems has launched a new SMS 100 array that, the company claims, needs no on-site service. HDS also said that the product would run for up to five years with plug-in replacement disk drives for failed drives.
RFID supplier Alien Technology has introduced tags, a tag reader and a portal reader, all aimed at a new market: the growing demand for wireless asset management and inventory tracking inside a single enterprise.
AOL has patched a serious flaw in its instant-messaging software, but more troubles may lie ahead, according to a security researcher familiar with the issue.
Reconnex this week announced an upgrade to its data-leak prevention software and appliance designed to help companies define and protect their intellectual property.
Two men were sentenced to more than five years in prison for their part in sending millions of pornographic spam messages, marking the conclusion of the first major case under the 2003 US federal CAN-SPAM anti-spam law.
Google has started a validation period for a new system of calculating how online publishers are paid for displaying its referral ads.
A researcher beat Microsoft to the patch punch over the weekend by publishing an unofficial fix for a critical flaw in Windows XP and Server 2003 on PCs with Internet Explorer 7.
AOL will lay off about 2,000 employees, or approximately 20 percent of its staff, as it continues its transformation into an online, ad-supported business and moves further away from its traditional revenue model based on dial-up Internet access fees...
A workhorse that will run the extra mile to increase efficiency in the workspace
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 2 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
- 4 Oppo A57 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Moto G5 Plus phone: full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Huawei Watch 2 Classic Review: Good watch but a missed opportunity for Wear 2.0
- Far Cry 5's first trailer reveals religious cults and explosions in picturesque Montana
- Amazon is offering two free months of Music Unlimited to new subscribers
- This week in games: Red Dead Redemption 2 is delayed, Destiny 2 PC servers explained
- Any website can crash your Windows 7 or 8 PC with these four characters
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Asus ROG Strix Z270F Gaming motherboard review
- The simple RAM buying guide
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- FTTRIM TrainersACT
- FTSenior Ruby on Rails DeveloperNSW
- FTTest AnalystACT
- FTAccounts and Office AdministratorNSW
- FTAccount Manager - Technology SolutionsNSW
- CCJava DeveloperACT
- FTTest LeadACT
- CCSoftware EngineerNSW
- CCSQL Server Database Specialist l Bathurst LocationNSW
- CCSQL Server Database Specialist l Bathurst LocationNSW
- CCChange AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Business Development Manager| SMSF/Accounting SoftwareNSW
- CCSenior PMO AnalystNSW
- FTProject Manager or Coordinator - Retail Store ProjectsNSW
- FTData ScientistACT
- FTClient Onboarding ManagerNSW
- FTDeputy Chief Engineer - Defence Systems - IT Services - Nowra BasedNSW
- FTData Analyst - BIQLD
- TPAV Design Specialist - Newcastle BasedNSW
- CCUnix AdministratorNSW
- CCOracle CCB DesignerVIC
- TPAEM DeveloperNSW
- TPSenior Developer - API - Data ReportingNSW
- CCCommercial ManagerVIC