End users are to be given the opportunity to create Oracle and SQL reports without calling on the assistance of technical staff.
High-Speed Packet Access (HSPA) wireless technology is here today in some markets and getting faster, and may end up being more popular than WiMax and other emerging broadband wireless technologies.
Most enterprises have some type of messaging security in the form of spam and virus filtering. When installing a new or replacement messaging-security system, key areas to pay attention to are performance, user experience, and management and operatio...
Microsoft is adding an event planning offering to its expanding Windows Live suite of services.
The head of Universal Music Group is enlisting the support of other major record labels to launch a new music subscription service that will try to loosen Apple's grip on the online music market, according to a news report late last week.
Security software giant Symantec is preparing to announce an acquisition of Vontu, one the largest remaining independent providers of data leakage prevention software, which is used to control the flow of sensitive information across corporate networ...
Siemens Communications will unveil its UC (unified communications) solution for SMBs on October 22.
Microsoft has clarified what it plans to patch to fix a bug in Windows XP and Server 2003, but said it had no plans to overhaul the operating system's protocol-handling technology.
Oracle's US$6.6 billion bid for BEA Systems will effectively freeze the latter's efforts to gain new customers and force Oracle to face questions on how it will handle overlapping middleware product lines, analysts say.
IBM has launched a program that it claimed allows mainframe users to monitor their systems' energy consumption in real-time.
Oracle announced late last week that it has offered to buy middleware vendor BEA Systems for US$17 per share in cash.
Climate change is both a large-scale crisis and a huge opportunity, and IT has a role in both, industry executives said at a panel discussion this week.
This week Microsoft said it would patch Windows to reduce the risk of a new kind of Web-based security vulnerability, but security researchers say that other operating systems are probably at risk too.
Efforts to fight copying on the Internet were criticized in a presentation by blogger and author Cory Doctorow, a frequent critic of copyright regulations.
After lying low for several weeks, hackers responsible for spreading the Storm Trojan have returned to the attack with e-mail that leads to an exploit-filled Web site and a laughing cat, said researchers today.
Is your IT system growing at pace with your business? Here are 5 reasons why you should consider the move to Cloud ERP now.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 2 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
- 4 Oppo A57 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Moto G5 Plus phone: full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- The top 3 Best DDR4 computer memory RAM kits in 2017 that you can buy right now
- Watch us play Vanquish on PC
- Microsoft's Beam becomes Mixer, adds four person split-screen streaming to battle Twitch
- Nvidia's new generation of powerful GeForce GTX Battlebox PCs finally embraces AMD
- How Thunderbolt 3 won the port wars
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- The simple RAM buying guide
- MSI GE62 7RD Apache gaming laptop review
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- CCSenior Systems EngineerQLD
- CCProcess Improvement Specialist - TelcoVIC
- CCInfrastructure Test ManagerNSW
- FTSenior PHP Developer - SymfonyQLD
- FTSystems EngineerVIC
- FTSenior IT Project ManagerSA
- CCInfrastructure Business AnalystNSW
- TPTrim Helpdesk AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Teradata Developer/Analyst ProgrammerNSW
- CCConsultant - Hogan Health CheckQLD
- TPICT Customer Support OfficerNSW
- CCSystems Analyst- Port MacquarieQLD
- FTSecurity Engineer (Cisco ASA) - Professional Services - Permanent - Sydney CBDNSW
- FTSoftware Development ManagerACT
- PTThe job "Project Manager" is now ExpiredNSW
- TPIT Business AnalystNSW
- FTIT Field Services ManagerNSW
- CCBusiness Change ManagerNSW
- TPImplementation Planner | P90 |$1300/dayQLD
- CCSAP ISU Functional ConsultantVIC
- FTSystems EngineerNSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager IT Software & Primary HealthcareQLD
- FTProject Manager / Web DeveloperVIC
- CCUnix AdministratorNSW