Users of old Windows systems can now download a patch to protect them from this week’s massive ransomware attack.
Friday’s unprecedented ransomware attack may have stopped spreading to new machines -- at least briefly -- thanks to a "kill switch" that a security researcher has activated.
Comparing the specs of Microsoft's new Surface Laptop to its older Surface Pro 4 cousin can tell you a lot. For one thing, Microsoft really needs to update the Surface Pro 4.
In the next year or two, Hewlett Packard Enterprise will add support for Intel Optane storage to its latest Unix servers.
Consumers with HP laptops that have been accidentally recording their keystrokes can easily address the problem with a patch from the PC maker.
Google has provided a sneak peek at Project Treble, a major new Android O feature that aims to make it easier for manufacturers to deliver updates to their phones.
In response to recent attacks where hackers abused Google's OAuth services to gain access to Gmail accounts, the company will review new web applications that request Google users' data.
While $300 mixed-reality headsets appear to be the future, Microsoft's older cousin, the HoloLens has some unique advantages.
A change to the Maps direction screen adds Street View images alongside route directions to show a real-world look at where you need to turn.
A ransomware strain appears to be spreading worldwide, by leveraging a hacking tool that may have come from the U.S. National Security Agency.
Quake's back for the modern era, and Quake Champions is holding an open beta this weekend. Here's how to play.
Attackers behind the highly successful Locky and Bart ransomware campaigns have returned with a new creation: A malicious file-encrypting program called Jaff that asks victims for payments of around $3,700
Windows 10's Mixed Reality experiences are almost here. If you plan on hooking one of these headsets into your PC, here's what it'll need.
At PDXCon, Paradox unveiled a new Europa Universalis IV expansion, a Mars survival game with Tropico's developers, and that it's now publishing BattleTech.
Add Germany to the list of places where businesses can test their self-driving cars on the open road -- as long as they have a driver sitting at the wheel ready to take control at any time.
A workhorse that will run the extra mile to increase efficiency in the workspace
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 2 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
- 4 Oppo A57 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Moto G5 Plus phone: full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Power surge at British Airways data center causes flight chaos
- Asus' affordable but powerful VivoBook Pro 15 to offer Optane Memory
- Asus unveils the super slim ZenBook Flip S convertible
- Huawei Watch 2 Classic Review: Good watch but a missed opportunity for Wear 2.0
- Far Cry 5's first trailer reveals religious cults and explosions in picturesque Montana
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Asus launches laptops to start Computex 2017
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- FTSenior Business Analyst, Wealth ManagementNSW
- FTPHP / WordPress DeveloperQLD
- CCReporting System Specialist - Port MacquarieNSW
- CCState-wide Business Transition Lead - BrisbaneNSW
- TPSharepoint DeveloperQLD
- FTProject Manager / Web DeveloperVIC
- CCApplications Support/ DevOps EngineerQLD
- CCSolution Architect with Magento experience wantedVIC
- FTSenior Java DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Magento DeveloperVIC
- FTDesktop EngineerNSW
- CCMaster Data Officer - SAPNSW
- CCWeb Designer - IT Graphics / UI DesignerQLD
- FTSenior Front End Developer - BRISBANEVIC
- FTDigital Marketing Executive / Content ProducerNSW
- CCSalesforce Marketing CloudNSW
- CCSAP Deployment ConsultantNSW
- CCGun Java/ Full Stack Developer wanted...VIC
- FTSenior Front End Developer - BRISBANENSW
- TPChange ManagerVIC
- FTEnterprise Architect - Technology and StrategyQLD
- FTTest AnalystVIC
- FTJunior - Mid Level Technical Customer SupportQLD
- TPInfrastructure Project ManagerQLD