The BenQ W7000 is a home theatre projector that’s a few hundred dollars cheaper than its direct competitors, but with picture quality and features to match or better them. We found its image quality excellent, with only a few problems disrupting our ...
The first storage media -- paper tape and punched cards -- were inefficient, slow and bulky. These gave way to magnetic storage: core memory, drums and, finally, hard drives. For backup, there were removable media: magnetic tape reels and cartridges,...
Public-key cryptography offers very strong protection for electronic communications. Much of its strength comes from the use of paired keys, which are separate (but mathematically related) codes that encrypt and decrypt a message; one key is public a...
Like many people, I've come to take for granted the availability of navigation systems in cars and handheld devices based on the Global Positioning System. But it was all abstract until I recently acquired a modern GPS myself. My reaction reminded me...
In any newspaper ad for television sets, you'll see the term high-definition used with abandon, accompanied by numbers, letters and language designed to convince you that a particular item is the one you want. Let's decipher the HD marketing-speak on...
Component Object Model is a Microsoft-developed, language-independent architecture created in the 1990s that lets developers build applications from reusable, binary software components.
There are so many different options for cloud (online) storage. As a highly competitive market, each company has developed its own point of difference and value proposition, and this is great for users, as it means that no matter what they might need cloud storage for, one of the available services will have them covered.
There are so many different options for cloud (online) storage.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Oppo AX7 review: New looks, same old budget buy
- 2 JBL Free X review: Better battery life comes at a cost
- 3 Samsung Tab S4 review: Freestyle
- 4 Razer Phone 2 review: One for the fans
- 5 Sony WF-SP900 review: One step forward, two steps back
Join the newsletter!
- Top 5 iPhone XS Alternatives
- Windows 7's support deadline may expire in July, if you don't apply this patch
- Can PowerPoint speak aloud & read the text in my slideshows?
- Galaxy S10 preview: One UI is the clean break from Android Samsung has always wanted
- Telstra launches third-generation Telstra TV
PCW Evaluation Team
The Brother MFC-L8900CDW is an absolute stand out. I struggle to fault it.
- Everything we (already) know about the Samsung Galaxy S10, S10e, S10+ and Galaxy F
- Want to play Apex Legends?
- Huawei Mate 20 Pro review: Full, in-depth, Australian review
- Everything you need to know about Smart TVs
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?