Though really designed for IT, the free version of CloudBerry Backup is super handy for backing up to, or syncing between online services. It does local backup as well, although the means may not be immediately obvious.
Trend Micro Maximum Security is a solid antivirus suite with a few privacy features that need an upgrade.
Bullguard Premium Protection can do a good job at protecting your PC, but mid-range PCs may see a performance drop under heavy loads.
At the end of the day, the Covr C203 will prove a solid-enough home Wi-Fi mesh kit for most but the combination of a slightly higher-price and the absence of a third backhaul band does put in at a disadvantage to the competition.
There's dedicated wireless backhaul along with Wi-Fi, ZigBee, and Bluetooth radios inside, but Z-Wave gets no love.
The TruSense GPS Pendant is an affordable way to monitor an elderly loved one, but the lack of an accompanying mobile app is a frustrating omission.
AngelSense GPS offers constant tracking, easy two-way calling, and frequent location alerts for the guardians of special-needs children.
The Verizon Wireless-exclusive GizmoPal 2 is a relatively cheap, simple, and fun way to keep track of your kids.
Tough, light, and packed with features, the touchscreen LG GizmoGadget for Verizon Wireless is an enticing watch-style GPS tracker for kids and parents alike.
Vampyr is a fascinating romp through a world dripping with tone but it ultimately bites off more than it can chew.
The Star Wars Cruiser may satisfy fans aesthetically, but actual record enthusiasts should steer clear. This turntable has tiny, tinny speakers, and the poor build and heavy tracking may actually damage your records over time.
The Sony Xperia XZ2 is a good phone but, for the price and compared to the competition, it’s difficult to really call it good enough to make the case for choosing it over the other options.
The Savage battery pack is like the Swiss Army Knife of battery packs, and even includes (extremely slow) solar charging.
Intel's combination of Core i7-8705G and AMD Radeon RX Vega M burns up the performance charts and represents a sea change in laptop design.
While the AXUM Gear Bluetooth earbuds aren’t without their strengths, there’s just a too little many weaknesses here to ignore - even with the cheaper-than-average price.
IoT botnets have been known for quite a while, but they gained household infamy after Mirai grabbed the headlines back in 2016.
Why virtualise your NAS environment?
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P20 Pro review: See it and believe the hype
- 2 Nokia 6 (2018) review: Simple. Solid. Supreme.
- 3 Samsung Q9F Series QLED: Peak performance from a home entertainment heavyweight
- 4 Sony Xperia XA2 review: One last hurrah for OmniBalance
- 5 Fitbit Versa review: New look, better price, same limits
Join the newsletter!
- Go grab the GTX 1080 Mini for $500 at Amazon before the price shoots back up
- CloudBerry Backup Free: Cloud storage syncing that's worth the learning curve
- 4 ways Android Messages for web is better than Apple Messages on the Mac (and 4 ways it's not)
- QNAP introduces new TVS-882BR-RDX
- Opinion: Is Microsoft already killing off Windows 7?
PCW Evaluation Team
If you’re looking to invest in your next work horse laptop for work or home use, you can’t go wrong with the MSI GE63.
If you can afford the price tag, it is well worth the money. It out performs any other laptop I have tried for gaming, and the transportable design and incredible display also make it ideal for work.
Touch screen visibility and operation was great and easy to navigate. Each menu and sub-menu was in an understandable order and category
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
- Huawei P20 Pro review: See it and believe the hype
- Computex 2018: Nvidia launches new AI-focused hardware and software platforms
- Computex 2018: Everything you missed at Asia's biggest tech tradeshow
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?